RIMM just plummeted when they showed the new phone

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by noob_trad3r, Jan 30, 2013.

1. r-in

r-in

My question is does the observation of what happens with announcements and the lead into them constitute fundamental or technical analysis? I think it demonstrates both and invalidates those who are to blind to identitfy that both are critical to making money.

#11     Jan 30, 2013
  2. The developer community in BB is something like 0.3% of that in the iOS world. They may as well be using Symbian. It's a dead platform.

#12     Jan 30, 2013
  3. BBRY ... formally known as RIMM.
    Will AAPL change name to IPOD next?

#13     Jan 30, 2013
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The trajectory is wrong. But for a firm like Microsoft or Amazon it's a quick way to get a hundred million users. Like Microsoft owned the desktop in the 90's and was able to shut out netscape, Google/Apple will have the ability to do so to Microsoft and Amazon.

Secondly, I was just looking - the enterprise value is closer to 5Bn (taking out cash). It generates 600-2bn in free cashflow. Why isn't a PE shop looking at this?

I'm not professing to be smarter than those guys. There must be a reason why no one has made a bid for the company.

#14     Jan 30, 2013
  5. r-in

r-in

Geez, you guys are asking the wrong questions. Who cares? Did you trade and make money off the release? To me that is what this site should be about. It was a great money making opportunity.

#15     Jan 30, 2013
  6. You make a good point. Ostensibly, AMZN would open to the dev community and you would actually have some useful apps; but if you're a dev then why bother with BB10 when you have both android and iOS? Obviously it's a "buy vs. build" decision, but then you're better off looking at some small OS developer as a lottery ticket to leapfrog (AAPL and GOOG).

Didn't NOK try to sell Symbian? I so virtually no distinction between the two (BB and Symbian).

#16     Jan 30, 2013
  7. Can we see your short tickets?

#17     Jan 30, 2013
  8. hajimow

hajimow

LOL

#18     Jan 30, 2013
  9. Agree some of these guys are stuck in Disney World.

#19     Jan 30, 2013
  10. r-in

r-in

No,not into that, but will say sold 455 puts, weeklys, and covered. Then bought the same and covered. Take it as you will, and either way won't bother me. Multiple fills on each but covered all and was a good day in in an IRA acount. I only trade futures in my cash account. Better day in my IRA.

#20     Jan 30, 2013