RIMM halted why?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Apr 28, 2011.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Any idea? News?

2. Research In Motion sees Q1 EPS to be $1.37-1.45, prior than previous guidance of $1.47-1.55, Thomson Reuters consensus $1.48 (56.59 +1.02)
    This shortfall is primarily due to shipment volumes of BlackBerry smartphones that are now expected to be at the lower end of the range of 13.5-14.5 million forecasted in March and a shift in the expected mix of devices shipped towards handsets with lower average selling prices. Gross margin for the first quarter is expected to be similar to the 41.5% previously guided. This mix shift is also expected to result in revenue that is slightly below the range of $5.2-5.6 billion guided on March 24, Thomson Reuters consensus $5.43 bln. Expected shipments of BlackBerry PlayBook in the quarter continue to be in line with our previous expectations and we have not experienced any significant supply disruptions in Q1 due to the impact of the Japan earthquake. RIM expects to achieve full year fully diluted earnings per share of approximately $7.50 (consensus $7.53), which reflects anticipated strong revenue growth in the third and fourth quarters of the fiscal year driven primarily by the launches of new BlackBerry smartphone products and prudent cost management.

3. because it is POS maybe
    -10%

4. noone3

noone3

it's back on

5. hajimow

hajimow

I believe we will see RIMM at $35 in 3 months time frame.

6. I hope that you have nothing to do with trading the stock market.
    To not have a clue that RIMM's earnings were out today after the close borders on total incompetence.

Hit the books.
    Stay in school and make your Parents PROUD!
    :)

7. Official Nasdaq Code was 69 which states:

"Sufficient time will be allowed after the posting of a warning by a bloated ex-hi flyer, to allow owners to procure a reasonable quantity of K-Y Jelly"

8. RIM Slashes Q1 Earnings Outlook - Due off After-Hours Halt at 4:30 p.m. ET

Midnight Trader - Apr 28 at 16:18

Company Symbols: NASDAQ-NMS:RIMM

04:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 04/28/2011 (MidnightTrader) -- Research In Motion (RIMM) expects Q1 EPS in the range of $1.30 to $1.37 per share, lower than its previous forecast of $1.47 to $1.55 per share and below the analyst consensus of $1.48 per share on Thomson Reuters.

The company said the shortfall is primarily due to shipment volumes of BlackBerry smartphones that are now expected to be at the lower end of the range of 13.5-14.5 million forecast in March and a shift in the expected mix of devices shipped towards handsets with lower average selling prices.

Gross margin for the first quarter is expected to be similar to the 41.5% previously guided. This mix shift is also expected to result in revenue that is slightly below the range of $5.2-5.6 billion previously guided. Expected shipments of BlackBerry PlayBook in the quarter continue to be in line with the company's previous expectations and it has not experienced any significant supply disruptions in Q1 due to the impact of the Japan earthquake.

RIM expects to achieve full year fully diluted earnings per share of approximately $7.50, which reflects anticipated strong revenue growth in the third and fourth quarters of the fiscal year driven primarily by the launches of new BlackBerry smartphone products and prudent cost management. The Street is at $6.87 per share.

9. Was this a joke?

10. hajimow

hajimow

It was not an earning. It was just the outlook for the next Q and readjustment. I don't trade RIMM but it is in my comparative radar list. After I posted, I got the news in marketwatch but Elitetrader did not allow me to delete my postings.

I have PhD and a profitable trader from 1995. I have learned the lesson that you don't need to jump on every stock that allures you to be a successful trader.:D :( :) :p :cool: :mad: :eek: :confused:

#10     Apr 28, 2011