RIMM earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DataCruncher, Jun 25, 2008.

1. full disclosure...I had my first crackberry in '01...still have one...doesn't mean I own the f'ing stock

#31     Jun 26, 2008
  2. had 2 BB's, switched to iPhone. No contest. Can do all that MSFT exchange push email/calendar/contacts shit and everything else.

#32     Jun 26, 2008
  3. I paid zipp for the 3g....$50.00 a month with GREAT service.....you?

#33     Jun 26, 2008
  4. Bro, dont even get me started. Do you realize the amount of features I could name that you dont have?Not to mention innovativeness and ease of use. I've OWNED BB's have you owned an iPhone?

Without typing a bunch of shit bc i dont feel like it it is 100% certain that over-all the iphone is the best smartphone out there. Period. Notice I did say over-all.

#34     Jun 26, 2008
  5. I agree. It's the best out there if you're still into Hannah Montana and Nickelodeon.

#35     Jun 26, 2008
  6. Yes, i have seen that one. I agree with you s2007 that it looks good, lots of features. Its just not an apple product and thats the whole point. The same has happened with the ipod. Lots of good mp3 players around, better features and bla bla, but we all know who has the market share.

Anyway, back about the subject. RIMM earnings. I am surprised to see so many of you are saying that they only missed by a penny so what. I think thats a big deal and believe its a big no no for a stock like this.

#36     Jun 26, 2008
  7. That right there is proof that you have ZERO clue how the market works.

You're just a piker dude.

#37     Jun 26, 2008

8. Fine you want a smartphone debate? we'll do it.
    Here are the main components and priorites of a particular smart phone in no particular order.

Phone.
    Keyboard.
    Web browsing.
    email
    camera
    music
    navigation
    portability
    network
    push b/s
    ease of use

First of all your nickelodeon b/s just shows me that you wouldnt know a good gadget when you see or handle one. Im surprised you own a cell phone, or have one of those new-fangle gadgets called a computer. Change is how we progress old timer. Anyways here we go:

As far as phone is concerned there really isnt much to discuss. The iphone has visual voicemail, call merging and conference calling, and call forwarding. My old BB didnt have the visual voicemail. (BTW im basing this on the Pearl. If you dont have a pearl just get the fuck out...even if it was better which its no where near, you're walking around with a fucking king james bible in your pocket... case closed). As far as the keyboard is concerned this is purely personal preference. I for one can type much faster on the touch keyboard than i could on my pearl, but you may be different. If you think touch keyboard is not a viable keyboard you've never used one, don't know how to use one, or you didnt notice that thats exactly what that new samsung has. Web browsing. Dont even fucking talk. Do I even have to debate this one? I couldnt even access the real internet on my BB it was this watered down shit. Im sure you now have the whole internet, but even so its still lame on that ridiculously small screen. Surfing the net on the pearl was like reading a map by looking through a straw. Its all about screen size. Email. iphone's email is just as good if not better. It tells me when i have one, i can open attachments (and see them a lot more clearly than you can with your dime sized screen) of most types that i know of word, excel, pdf. Camera. That new samsung's camera is way better, no doubt...but this camera is a whole lot better that the camera on my pearl. Pictures are a lot clearer (once again this may be due to the large screen) I can zoom in on them, edit them, send them, set them as my background etc. Music. This is easy: What the best mp3 player on the market? Thats right, iPod...whats on my phone? Case closed. Oh, and I can watch movies. My pearl could never do that...even if it could you wouldnt be able to fucking see it. Navigation. I really dont know what I would do without my maps button. If im on Boston and im hungry I just type on boston chinese and pins mark the spots on the map where they are. BTW that map is also a satellite image just in case i want to see what the top of the buildings look like i guess. Push a button and a circle appears on my current location, i tap the pin and the restaurant info pops up, tap the phone number and make a reservation, tap the route button and it routes my location to the restaurant and tells me if there is traffic or not on that particular route. Portability. As a guy, thickness is what matters bc we put it in our pockets. The iphone is pretty damn thin, i would say its the same mass as an average non-smart cell phone. The battery is insane. I charge mine every couple days. If you dont believe me just google the specs and you will see. Network. ATT sucks as far as plans are concerned. t-mobile is the best...oh wait I can use t-mobile on my iphone. Perfect. You do have 3G though and 3g is better. Push stuff. You can use MSFT exchange to push events, contacts, emails, whatever. just like on your BB. Ease of use, its Apple and there for pretty damn intuitive...as this is a matter of opinion i will just say its just as easy to use as any other phone.

I wont even get into the fact that I can download songs and movies on the go and then actually watch the movie or show. I can chat on AIM, play a game, take screenshots, finger etcha sketch...whatever. Oh what about the new iphone? $200 for 3G and 8GB of storage? Face it your BB is just not as good. Cell phones are gadgets...having a less useful one doesnt make you look more mature...its just makes you look like the lame old guy who swears records sound better.

I look forward to your retort.

#38     Jun 26, 2008
  9. Yea, but do businesses use the Iphone?

#39     Jun 26, 2008

10. The BB is a very competent device, and has been out for YEARS. Of course it has more business customers. I think the iphone will start to take chunks out of RIMMS market share even in that environment.

"hybrid cars are the future. Yeah but who's driving them"?? Doesnt mean we wont be.

If your wondering if businesses are interested in the iphone consider this. How many businesses participated in Apples beta test program for the iphone? Lets see.

35% of ALL fortune 500 companies which includes:

The top 5 commercial banks
    The top 5 securities firms
    6 of the 7 top airlines
    8 of the 10 top pharma companies
    8 of the 10 top entertainment companies

hmmmmm

#40     Jun 26, 2008