RIMM earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DataCruncher, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Wont touch RIMM with a 20feet pole here.

They missed the EPS and Rev targets both.

More importantly, next Q Rev is above street estimates but EPS is below street. Can some one say margin compression? Is AAPL starting to get to them? Man the next Q was gonna be the one where they could sell all they could!

if(Margin_Compression() && High_PE() && Weak_Consumer() && BloodThirtyCompetition())
    GetTheFOut();

#21     Jun 25, 2008
  2. agree with buylow, samsung is going to be putting the squeeze on both apple and rimm margins.

Still think the BBs are much better than the iphone, i can type 3 times faster on the curves keypad, and emails are a breeze. Plus you get blue tooth stereo for mp3s :)

#22     Jun 25, 2008
  3. Samsung has almost no impact on the iphone. Reviews are not that great, expensive plans, $ 129,-- purchase price , no 8 gb flash (comes with only 2gb microSD), misses the design style of the iphone. Most important, does not have the software platform the iphone has.

I don't care about phones, just making money on stocks. Iphone will ad a lot of extra profit, revenue and new mac customers to Apple.

#23     Jun 25, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Samsung OMNIA....

Latest news shows that its coming in AUGUST 2008 to ATT.

Like I said check out the specs:

http://samsungomnia.com/

#24     Jun 25, 2008
  5. What makes you think Apple won't miss?

#25     Jun 25, 2008
  6. That is very slick, actually.

Wow. I hope it's hackable, unlike the iPhone. I hate AT&T.

#26     Jun 26, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

very slick indeed, im in the market for a new cellphone, mine is already 3+ years old...

3 choices are

samsung instinct, iphone or the latest creation, the samsung omnia if it does make it into the US by August. Not even interested in any blackberry....

#27     Jun 26, 2008
  8. iPhones are hackable...anyways

whats funny to me is that all these cell phone makes diss the iphone, it doesnt do this and that. most of the time its just b/s...kind of like saying "wtf this lambo doesnt have a big trunk!? ridiculous...", yet they come out the phone that is JUST LIKE IT. lol. I actually like that phone, but the simple fact is that other cell phone makers are behind.

#28     Jun 26, 2008
  9. did I read stocks comment correctly "miss by a penny on a .11 etimate doesn't equal missing by a penny on a .85 bogey???? are you kidding me????stock you get dumber by the second!!!!ever hear of a momo stock missing and going higher????crocs anyone???

#29     Jun 26, 2008
  10. Most people that have Blackberries are actually people that have important things to do or businesses to run.

For someone like you who sits on his computer all day and posts on elite trader, yeah, you definitely don't need a Blackberry for that.

I used to have a Blackberry and I couldn't live without it until I moved to push mail with WM6 + Exchange.

#30     Jun 26, 2008