RIMM earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DataCruncher, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Its coming back now

a penny miss is nothing considering it only represents a 1.2% miss

A non event, really

#11     Jun 25, 2008
  2. I disagree. They missed the low end, not even the high end.

Smoking high PE, lower forecast. This stock must beat every time for it to go up.
    Apple beat before and had a lower forecast. Stock went from 202 to 115.

(disclaimer, i was short before earnings)

#12     Jun 25, 2008
  3. AAPL should go down with RIMM on this news. Tech will probably have a bad day tomorrow.

#13     Jun 25, 2008
  4. I think Apple is on fire and every pull back i add on more.
    - No debt 19 bil cash (!)
    - Iphone unit profit will be $ 281 after cost and royalties
    - 2009 24-30 milj. units
    - mac sales
    - apps store

#14     Jun 25, 2008
  5. BULLETIN >> RESEARCH IN MOTION SHARES FALL 10% AFTER WEAKER-THAN-EXPECTED PROFIT FORECAST

Tech has been outperforming the broader market for some time. It has shown some cracks in its armour, lately.

Stay posted. . .

:p

#15     Jun 25, 2008
  6. you nailed it. now lets see if during the CC they delay the launch of the "Bold"

#16     Jun 25, 2008
  7. This might be actually confirming that Apple is taking more market share from Rimm then expected. Good for Apple.

#17     Jun 25, 2008
  8. Highly over saturated market.

Everyone is crowding this space. Smart phones with web browsing and email capability are quickly following the pricing curve of commoditized electronics.

Good luck to you, RIMM. Apple, you won't make nearly the margins you think. You had better hope Samsung and Nokia and even Palm don't own your ass, as these things will soon be given out free with service plans.

#18     Jun 25, 2008
  9. RIMM, ORCL, and NKE all down in AH

#19     Jun 25, 2008
  10. If the target EPS is 11 cents and you miss by a penny thats pretty bad but a one cents miss on a 85 cent target is nothing.

#20     Jun 25, 2008