RIMM - Earnings Thursday

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Kassz007, Apr 1, 2009.

1. There is a lot of bullishness surrounding this stock coming up to earnings. Do you sell the recent runup in anticipation of RIMM not meeting expectations and avoid the subsequent selloff? Or will RIMM beat expectations and result in a large gain? Or possibly an earnings beat is being priced in as we speak so a beat would result in little change?

What do you think?

2. they will beat this quarter based on the hyped storm touch sales and next quarter will tank based on the storm returns because its a pos...

3. S2007S

S2007S

RIMM is down over 50% in the last 18 months, believe me it can easily drop another 50% over the next 12-18 months without questions, this market is so oversaturated that its not as easy as it once was. RIMM may get a bounce back to 50+ but longer term I see $30 or less.

4. Long term I agree with you as I see margins inevitably getting squeezed big time due to increased competition unless they come out with some kind of new game changing technology.

Just curious, is there ANYTHING you're bullish on? Or have you stayed a bear through this rally and beyond?

5. My god the hype! I am concerned these earnings are being overhyped and could cause a selloff tomorrow no matter what they report.

Sell the rumour buy the news???

6. gonna take a shot at some 55 calls here, maybe its donation time. :)

7. jazzsax

jazzsax

$56.35 is what I'm showing as we speak....

8. rimm up alright!!:)

9. made some good money on this one...too bad i owned deep in the money far expiration...i was almost going to buy some 50-55 calls today when i saw this post but i balked because if it was a nonevent i didnt want to lose, and i already own the stock.

GOOD CALL THOSE OF YOU WHO NAILED THIS ONE.

10. MONSTER quarter! Very pleased to be long on this one. Biggest plus on this one was margins @ 43%-44% vs. expected 40%.

Now where do we go from here? A lot of good news coming out lately i.e. Blackberry App store similar to Iphone store, Blackberry Niagra rumours, news of a new phone with touchscreen AND QWERTY keyboard.

Do you think they can maintain the margins and growth in next quarter? What happens to the stock tomorrow?

#10     Apr 2, 2009