RIMM $33 or $53?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by newguy05, May 21, 2011.

RIMM $33 or $53 in the next 2 weeks?

1. $53

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. $33

24 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Forbes has been publishing crap for a month or two about RIMM being a $43 stock.

I am really disappointed today.

I traded RIMM for 3 months; and made some decent $ on options and stock and SSFs.

I had a choice yesterday to exit my long Oct/Nov calls, short OTM puts, and small amount of stock and just wait until Monday; instead I hedged a portion of the position thinking it would finally move higher or at least be neutral after earnings - believing all the bad news was priced in and there might be some sort of relief rally, even if only a few points (given the NDX etc. has been strong)

Instead this POS dumps to 22-25.

This stock going back to 2002-2007 was a great trading stock.

It's now a joke.

I have a blackberry and was planning on getting a new improved version, as I do not like touch-screens and cannot get people over 35 who do. lol

However I am so pissed that I had a draw down after a nice run, that I am considering NEVER getting another BB.

On the other hand I think there is money to made again playing RIMM into the Q4 and next earnings. I think announcements of product releases and the buy out card could propel this higher 25-40% after it finds traction.

#51     Sep 16, 2011
  2. I'm over 35. I went from a BlackBerry 9700 to an HTC Inspire Android, then back to my 9700. The Android renders web pages better, but the 9700 is smaller, lighter, sufficient, and I no longer have to clean the screen every once in a while. Because it's lighter, I'm more confident it could survive a drop.

The 9900 is RIMM's newest BlackBerry and I'm very disappointed. It's larger (but slimmer), has a larger screen, more powerful processor, but a weaker battery. A full charge on my 9700 typically lasts 5 days (I'm not a big user). The Inspire lasts only 2 days. I'll guess the 9900 will also last only 2 days due to the weaker battery.

There are plenty of videos in YouTube on the 9900 or any smartphone.

Regarding the stock, RIMM needs to start giving dividends. Otherwise, it'll go in the way of NOK. NOK is a large player in the international market, but I've owned a NOK before, and BlackBerry is clearly superior.

#52     Sep 18, 2011
  3. I am in Chicago with U S Cellular; been waiting for the release of the 9900 Bold but the screw-ups at RIM have apparently had to delay it as it took them 5 years to get the fact that they needed more powerful software and a device that would accommodate more apps.

This morning the trackball on my BB Curve just died; will not move. Maybe its dirt and will try to have it cleaned (again); last time that got it working. Trying to resist getting a touch-screen but this phone is 2-years old and I need a new one -- soon!!

#53     Sep 18, 2011
  4. Time to face the music, loser. A stool sample from Atticus is more intelligent than you. How long are you going to continue this charade that your half assed long rec's that never have an exit equate so "successful picks".

Your kids should have you committed, you senile fuck.

#54     Sep 18, 2011
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I invite anyone to read the first set of posts you put up in August 2010 to see the two aspects of your posts that never change. One, the extreme negativity. Two, the complete lack of value with respect to trading.

People can note that markets rallied 30-35% up and you were too busy wallowing in bs to say something useful. Meanwhile, I issued a trading long call on indexes with a specific 15-20% target. Target was easily hit.

These are the facts. Anyone on this forum can decide, which of these two posters adds value to their trading.

It amazes me that on a forum where there is extensive posting history how many internet idiots like yourself seek to rewrite history to suit their arguments.

Nothing you say or claim has any bearing on my opinion. For all I know, you got committed years ago, or put up these posts on your break flipping burgers at McDs. Either case doesn't matter to me, you have no discernable value to anyone's trading.

#55     Sep 19, 2011
  6. does anybody else find it enjoyable to read aliases arguing with each other?

[​IMG]

#56     Sep 19, 2011
  7. I was just thinking the same thing...

and these are apparently 'grown' men engaging in feminine drama and sophomoric nonsensical debates over meaningless issues.

How did they end up on ET?

The more I trade, the more UN-emotional I become. Less drama, more focus.

Who really cares about someone's "call" or posting about where they think a given equity will trade to, on a website like ET?!! Further no one really knows for sure what will happen.. it's all about what will likely happen or what is the probability such and such will happen. Even the cream of the crop can be wrong from time to time.

So please, stop the name calling and act like big girls...

LOL

#57     Sep 19, 2011
  8. My first BlackBerry was a Curve 8520. I couldn't stand that trackball, so I bought a Nokia. That was when I acknowledged that the BlackBerry with a track sensor is superior. Then I noticed the 9700 was available, so I quickly bought it.

The Bold's keyboard is not as good as the Curve's, unfortunately. [​IMG]

#58     Sep 19, 2011
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You know what, I stopped posting trades/calls because this place is toxic for doing so. I made some attempts to counter some lies about my past posts, but you know what, who gives a shit. The truth is I was one of the only posters on the site who countered all the bearish bs posted in August 2010. I clearly stated throughout 2010 that we were in a bull market that would last until minimum April 2011. Someone even asked me why I picked that month. There were reasons related to seasonality and the usual length of bull markets.

In the meantime, we see nonstop random calls on short term moves that are in most cases GUESSING. In the worst cases, its really bad attempts to counter trend every move.

As for this year, I clearly posted in late May I only held three positions ( short term trades ) and two of them were short.
    I only made one call in the summer, not my usual type of call but it was buy TSX at 11,660 ( live trade ) on August 8th. That trade was even more accurate then I expected, because in essence its a longer term attempt to play the positive risk/reward moving forward after a boatload of summer panic selling.

EliteTrader, honestly, the good traders/investors get driven out. The bad ones post daily and 90% of its pure bs. That's why I've come to understand now that this is not a trading site at all, its an entertainment site, mostly for failing traders. The group think aspect on this site offers up some fading opportunities, particularily for identifying likely bottoms. That's about the best you'll get on here.

For me, I'm not posting as a trader anymore. No point, 90% of the replies you get are people who have no real value to traders, and in fact may even sway people away from the best trading opportunities ( there seems to be perpetual hysteria and panic on here when the best buying opportunities arrive ).

#59     Sep 20, 2011