RIMM 3/1 split

Discussion in 'Options' started by insaneinvestor, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Anyone else loading up on calls for RIMM 3 for 1 split next week?

2. Why do you necessarily assume the split news will lead to even more run up in the price?

3. When something trades over $200 per share and then I can get it for +- $70, that sounds like a good time to get in if you ask me. :D

Why does anyone assume anything?

I call it speculation more than assumption.

4. No. You're going to get a situation where you have "professional selling" versus "retail buying". The pros prevail each time. Besides, it would be a good time to fill in that gap too. We'll see how it plays out.

5. What exactly does that mean? :confused:

6. XM911E3

XM911E3

Think it's ' net order imbalance indicator ' aka NOII. I am using Nasdaq NOII level II and it seems quite accurate though.

7. How do I use this NOII you speak of?

8. spindr0

spindr0

"I can get it for +- $70 "

Buy 33 shares right now and you can have the same position as 70 shares, post split :)

9. be that as it may,
    70 shares at $254 = $25,146
    33 shares at $762 = $25,146

I am of the mind that if I have 70 shares of something, and lets just say it goes up 20 points, I will make 1,400 as opposed to the 33 shares of the same thing that goes up 20 points making me 660.

If I am wrong about that (the facts not the speculation) I don't know what I will do, but it will be drastic. . .

Therefore, I speculate. :D

10. Anyone who would buy it at $68 or pay $6,800 for 100 shares post split would simply by 33 shares at $206 now.

After the split they will have about 100 shares at $68 if it happend right now. SO whether you buy 100 shares post or 33 pre, you are in the boat.

The split changes nothing.

#10     Aug 14, 2007