RightEdge vs. QuantDeveloper

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by polr_trader, Oct 8, 2006.

1. I totally understand how the process of building a business works and how you sacrifice certain priorities for others. I also understand that a current customer with real trades on the line should receive priority over prospective customers. A simple email (even a canned one) stating exactly what you wrote above (i.e., Sorry, we can't reply to your email at this time because we're growing quickly and devoting all of our resources to current customers' trading needs...we will, however, reply shortly) would go a long way toward soothing the frustration of unanswered questions.

I think that WLD is in the enviable position of having a lot of their sales/support handled by their community. I can ask questions in their forums and receive responses virtually 24/7.

#51     Nov 25, 2006
  2. I'd love to try out WLD but being a US-based trader, their commission rate just doesn't work for me - $8 a trade is just too much - they need to get to per share trading to make it viable for me.

#52     Nov 25, 2006
  3. Droskill,

WLD isn't tied to any broker, so you can hook it up to any execution platform you want. Wealth-Lab Pro is the one given to US/Canadian (active trader) customers of Fidelity. I'm in the US as well, but getting around their requirements is easy. I've been playing around with the demo version, but I like WLD so much that I'll certainly purchase a copy. I'll just have a buddy in Europe (or Asia) buy it for me.

polr

#53     Nov 25, 2006
  4. taowave

taowave

When I spoke with Customer support,I informed them their commision structure was insanely expensive.I dont remember the exactnumber we whittled it down to,but i think it was close to .01 per share...

They are definetly negotiable

#54     Nov 26, 2006
  5. taowave

taowave

Hello,
    I did download the Open Quant demo,and perhaps I am losing my mind,but were there no charting tools whatsoever???

I will say from a non programmers perspective,the task of programming in what you refer to as "retail" product was daunting to say the least....

I will never understand why someone doesnt come along and produce a product much like Trading Blox and charge $500-1000.When i think of the retail and the masses,I think Blox hit the nail on the head...conceptually.....

#56     Feb 10, 2007
  6. Although there are charting tools built into the application, OpenQuant is an ATS (Automated Trading Startegies) development platform.

Indeed ATS development requires some programming experience, but we hope that in the end it should help you to start "Trading Like a Hedge Fund". This is our mission - to provide retail community with advanced strategy development platform developed on top of solid institutional technology :)

You can program strategies in C# or VB.NET.

PS. It's quite possible that we will add "standard" charting tools as well as visual startegy development to OpenQuant in the near future.

#57     Feb 10, 2007
  7. I don't really follow you logic. You have to program your strategies in TB unless you want to run a few pre-defined strategies.

#58     Feb 10, 2007
  8. As for charting tools in OpenQuant... what's wrong with this strategy chart

[​IMG]

or with this portfolio analysis chart

[​IMG]

:confused:

#59     Feb 10, 2007
  9. taowave

taowave

I think you missed my point from a marketing/sales perspective,and I am giving you a "somewhat intelligent" beginning programmers perspective..

Let me first say that I really like your user interface and your charting/portfolio management charts.They are excellent..What i am trying to say to you is if you are appealing to the "retail" level, a programming wizard/builder would go a LONG way.. IMHO,Blox has the best in the business,and while some may argue it is limited,it is certainly a stepping stone to full blown programming....

I can appreciate full blown coding in C#,but that doesnt leave beginning/non programmers many options,and i think that is a point that should not be overlooked...If one chooses to do so,you will probably limit the target audience to programmers who can read C#,who have no need for a builder/ wizard.

Take it for what its worth....

#60     Feb 10, 2007