right wing nutcase kills 80 children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Politics are irrelevant because anyone who'd kill children like that is a psychopath.

Second, I don't know whether nutcase legally owned his gun(s) but the vast majority of crimes in Norway are committed with stolen weapons.

Finally, Norway doesn't recognize self defense as a legitimate reason to own an gun and doesn't even have concealed carry permits. If they did then maybe someone would have shot the bastard before he killed so many. All gun laws like those in Norway do is turn law abiding citizens into helpless sheep, unable to defend themselves against psychopaths.

#11     Jul 23, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

They're all crazy, the people who do these things. But what flavor of crazy is the next question. This guy belongs to your team. Sorry, it happens.

#12     Jul 23, 2011
  3. Like yesterday when a left wing nutcase former aide to Chucky Schumer called the conservative reps in congress terrorists?

#13     Jul 23, 2011
  4. Absolutely NOT my team. He belongs to his own team in psychopathville.

#14     Jul 23, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough. So we (not you) can stop calling Loughner a liberal.

#15     Jul 23, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

I was trying to make a statement that was as far over the top as what Free Thinker was saying, i guess it is hard to emit sarcasm over the internet.

You are right in terms of my position, i thinkt that a nutcase is a nutcase, and political affiliation doesnt matter, i was merely trrying to act as assinine as he was being.

The fact of the matter is that there is nothing in liberal ideology, OR conservative ideology which would dictate that a person should go out and start shooting, only an idiot would try to say that a persons political affiliation caused him to go out an become a mass murderer.

Vhehn also thinks that the church somehow causes people to become pedophiles, where as i believe that pedophiles take advantage of any situation in which they can be around children, and thus they end up in the church.

Insinuating that conservatism was the reason why this guy started shooting is as ridiculous as making the claim that the book "The cathcer in the Rye" creates serial killers, just because a few serial killers had that book.

I was merely making an equally stupid/obnoxious statement to match what freethinker said, but i guess it is hard to protrude sarcasm over the internet.

#16     Jul 23, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Excellent points, Max, well said. You're right, sarcasm doesn't always come through.

In fairness, such a post as this one is really only equal and opposite to the stuff we see from, for example, rc822.

#17     Jul 23, 2011
  8. Yes, the same thing absolutely applies to Loughner. Whether one kills "because of" politics or "because" they "think" their neighbor is an alien from another galaxy, it's not politics or aliens that are to blame, it's the psycho.

#18     Jul 23, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

I agree, and you will never see me try to engage rc822 in a conversation.

#19     Jul 23, 2011
  10. Or presidential assassins like John Hinckley? ;)

#20     Jul 23, 2011