Right wing conservatives dying (or dead) ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by syswizard, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Just because everyone else blew the opportunities provided, does not mean those who didn't ( waste aforementioned opportunities) deserve to be punished for their success.

#31     Mar 8, 2012
  2. I don't see it as a punishment for success. I've been very, very fortunate in most things in my life. I do my best to keep the open mind from all earnings groups, see how the 'other side' may see things differently. I pay a lot of taxes, of course I would like to pay less, and some of the things I argue for actually cost me more money. Maybe not smart, but since I can't complain, I try to help where I can.

c

#32     Mar 8, 2012
  3. So you think the rich are more important. That's real fair. What a heart you have.

#33     Mar 8, 2012
  4. Opportunities provided are very dependent on the wealth of your family. It is not a level playing field, especially when the top 1% control 42% of the wealth( ie. power and privilege). People making more than a million a year, I don't care how, should be paying at least 30% tax rates, period.

#34     Mar 8, 2012
  5. I corrected your interpretation of my statement and position on the subject yet you merely restate your error and decide to add a personal attack for good measure .

Therefore you have proven yourself incapable of learning or discussing the issue with any sense of honest dialog.

Too bad you lose,

I guess I could follow your lead with the ad hominem
    if that's what you are looking for.

I'm undecided at this point.
    Surprise me and post something on topic, prove you grasp my point and leave out the personal stuff.

#35     Mar 8, 2012
  6. No. I get it, you don't think poor people should have as much political power as rich folks right? Because they don't have as much in the game. If I have it wrong please correct me. I admit when I am wrong. My ego is not that fragile.

#36     Mar 9, 2012
  7. Eight

Eight

I think that poor people should pay the bulk of the income tax. They are the ones that use the government services the most. Tell me that doesn't make sense.

#37     Mar 9, 2012
  8. If they are healthy and working and making money, they wouldn't need government services, right? They wouldn't be as poor, that's what we want, right? Just thought I would think that one through.

c

#38     Mar 9, 2012
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

What did Dodd-Frank do? Go after retail FX traders with their $300 Oanda accounts? Make life much harder for small businesses? Yes and yes.

Did it do anything to the Big 3 drivers of the financial crisis: Fannie, Freddie and the Fed? No. What about TBTF banks? It actually strengthened them further.

There were already over 10 agencies regulating CDSs before the crisis. That's not the issue. Ultra-low artificial interest rates + (unfortunately true) assumption that TBTF banks would get their baliouts was.

You have to dig deeper and stop believeing headlines and comic book versions of events...

#39     Mar 12, 2012
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

This emotional appeal about the "poor" isn't worth buying into.

The poor guy who works hard, scrapes by and makes an honest living should certainly vote.

The one who totally games the system, living on unemployment, SSI, food stamps, welfare, faux disability (usually for mental disorders), etc. shouldn't.

Anyone who has worked as gov't handout-giver-outer (and is honest and not blindedly partisan) will admit that the country is full of such folks.

#40     Mar 12, 2012