right wing birther schooled on national tv.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Michele Bachmann was on tv this morning. she started on the birther nonsense. George Stephanopoulos was ready. he pulled out a copy of the birth certificate and made Bachmann look like a fool as she back pedaled.

"Well I have the president's certificate right here," Stephanopoulos replied. "It's certified, it's got a certification number, it's got the registrar of the state, signed. It's got a seal on it. And it says: 'This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding.'"

"Well, then that should settle it," said Bachmann. She added: "That's what should settle it. I take the president at his word and I think -- again I would have no problem and apparently the president wouldn't, either. Introduce that, we're done. Move on, end of story."

will it be enough for the resident birther nuts on et?

2. Not until they scratch and sniff it. And then they'll ask you to prove it's real and not fabricated by a conspiracy of all interested parties involved. And so on...

3. Too bad what George did contradicted everything the state of HI said it couldn't.

Lol.

4. Larson

Larson Guest

I have serious questions about this Obama character, including his upbringing, and secondarily, birthplace. However, the old saying "possession is 90% of the law" as the man is in office and these issues should have been resolved beforehand. They need to be dealt with now in the the form of clearcut requirements that leaves no question in the future.

The US appears to be on a path of muddying up of the Constitution and other end runs around the rule of law, as we have witnessed in the last decade.

Bachman gave the "official Republican response". I am certain private opinions vary greatly about this sketchy President.

5. Pop! goes the birther.

6. Obama released his BC to the media so I'm assuming he had the right to use it to make Bachmenn and the birthers look like the loons they are

7. Opps.

8. I doubt it.I doubt it really settles it for Bachmann.Soon she'll be on Fox or at a tea party rally demanding that Obama release his birth certificate

9. First HI says they can't find anywhere. Then they say they can't release it because it's against the law.

Now all of sudden Georgie boy has it.

This is first class entertainment here boys!

10. Larson

Larson Guest

Probably true. The controversy will remain, primarily due to the fact that Obama is controversial, a disunifying force with poor leadership skills from I have witnessed so far.

#10     Apr 20, 2011