Right Wing and Anti Intellectualism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Its because he, like most other liberals is afraid ashamed to admit that he is really a left winger. Almost every left winger will try to tell you they are a centrist, or something other than a liberal, very few are honest.

And the thing that makes me laugh about that, is i could not imagine supporting a side politically that i was to ashamed to admit in public that i support. I mean, wouldnt you start to rethink your political values if you always had to lie and call yourself a liberal, or a centrist in public?

#21     Nov 22, 2011
  2. Perhaps my positions are a bit complicated, and that's okay. If you look into it there is not just one type of libertarian. The members of Stormfront profess libertarianism too. It is the reason for a restriction in government power where left of center libertarians and right of center libertarians are different. Government must play a role in limiting the excesses of human nature. Failure to do so leads to exploitation.

Stormfront loves Ron Paul because they believe he will roll back Federal influence to allow states to re-establish Jim Crow, you may simply want to be taxed less as I do.

#22     Nov 22, 2011
  3. And regrettably, this kind of quirkness will not allow him to ever see the light of day.

#23     Nov 22, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah I don't get that either. Like you said, Chris Mathews thinks he is on the 40 yard line. LOL. There are a few liberals who are very proud to say they are a liberal and I absolutely respect them for it. But what is it with all these people who pretend not to be what they are. RCG is not pretending to be some middle of the road centrist. He is saying he is a libertarian which is pretty far right on the politcal spectrum.

Maybe one day he will feel more comfortable and "come out" and tell us the truth. :)

#24     Nov 22, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You can't empower government to use power to give you more freedom!!!!!! Our founding fathers warned us about government power. They made it very clear that "if" we give that power to the government, they will most likely not relinquish it.

And please, enough of stormfront. I honestly have no idea how many members they have, but in a country of 330 million people, I'm guessing they might have a few thousand members tops. Yet you reference them like they are the size of the Catholic Church! LOL.

Ron, if you support liberty, it's very hard to empower the government to do anything. And btw Ron, the government does not control the excesses, they CREATE them!!!!!!

#25     Nov 22, 2011
    #26     Nov 22, 2011
  7. Stormfront is well represented here, that is for damn sure. Do your own research. So far, this government has done quite well at giving freedoms to people who did not otherwise have them, so I will have to disagree with you there.

#27     Nov 22, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

#28     Nov 22, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Our government is assassinating US citizens without a fair trial!!!!! They have taken away far more freedoms then they have given. I will not agree with you on that.

#29     Nov 22, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is hyperbole and you know it. You don't like someone's politics and you call them a member of storm front. That's getting old. There was one poster who you referenced and I agreed with you he was a racist piece of shit. One guy! So the Stormfront reference is completely uncalled for.

#30     Nov 22, 2011