Right Wing and Anti Intellectualism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Sometimes the government has access to more resources, which means more research, which means a better informed decision.

And Lucrum, running around the yelling the word gay, or some such derivative, is not exactly and ass kicking. It is more a demonstration of the debating skills of those educated in North Ga.:D

#11     Nov 22, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK RCG, I'll bite. Give me an example of how the government can run my life better.

#12     Nov 22, 2011
  3. See Mav, and this has been covered ad nauseum, the "people", did not vote to end slavery, they did not vote to end Jim Crow, they did not vote to give the vote to women or minorities. The government did all of these things.

The rednecks of the world went kicking and screaming into a brave new world then, just as they are doing now.

#13     Nov 22, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, no , no. I'm talking about running my every day life. That is what common sense is about. I'm not talking about killing Nazi's in Germany or dropping bombs or ending slavery. Give me one example of how the government can run my every day life better then me. That is what the argument about common sense vs big government elitism is all about. I'm listening...

#14     Nov 22, 2011
  5. You really cannot separate the two Mav, although most people right of center do try, so this angle of debate is spurious.

#15     Nov 22, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don't spin. The argument about common sense I hear debated and the word used in that article about "elitism" is about empowering the government to control our lives. You then responded by saying that "sometimes the government has more knowledge or resources" then we do. That was your rebuttal, not mine. So what I'm asking for is one, just one, simple example out of the thousands I'm sure you must have to even make this ridiculous statement, just give me one and we'll call it a day.

#16     Nov 22, 2011
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Geee man, that was awful kind of the government to get rid of the disciminatory laws that THEY CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE. You really owe the government alot for being so kind to you.

If there was no government how could any of those laws existed?Fuck you are daft. And this is in a thread about supposed "Right Wing Anti Intellectualism"

Also it is nice to see that you continue to use racial slurs to slander white people.

#17     Nov 22, 2011
  8. Anyone from right rails about any regulatory agency in existence. This is what is truly ridiculous. None of these agencies would exist if there were no need for them.

So how does government help you run your life better. Pick any agency in D.C., and there is your answer.

#18     Nov 22, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/26sprb4Vi44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exactly.

#19     Nov 22, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ron, you have shouted from the roof tops for ages on here that you are a libertarian. That position you just posted is one of the staples of almost all libertarians. Not to get rid of all regulatory agencies. But to limit their power and minimize their control over our lives so that we can have individual freedoms. This is not just what I believe in, it's what "you" believe in as a libertarian.

I honestly don't get you. You start these rants on ET down here in the basement that are almost exclusively anti-libertarian in some form or another, then you profess on other threads that you are a true libertarian. Look, I don't care if you are or not. I've had this debate with DAS and many others on here. You can believe whatever you want. I'm only calling this stuff out because you profess so loudly that you are for the very things you are against. It's nonsensical.

#20     Nov 22, 2011