Ridiculously priced options

Discussion in 'Options' started by short&naked, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Back in 2008, selling natural gas (NG) call options at a strike around $35 would have yielded $400 in premium. Any more recent examples such as this (or current)?

2. Buy the cheap put now ?

3. Hindsight is always 20/20.

SLV calls would have made you a fortune, much more than selling NG.

4. I'm talking about writing them.

5. Why bother writing options? More money in buying, hindsight is 20/20 so go for the big would have gains.

6. ?.....gold and silver? :confused:

7. o rly?

They always say most contracts expire worthless. BUT is that because there is so much speculative buying going on? I mean people are buying May 167 SPY calls. That's not going to happen.

And honestly I'm not sure how you make money selling a $0.01 option after commissions, but... rock on option seller?

8. who is buying the may 167C? the otm limit that's been traded is around 145.

what the hell are you talking about again?

9. 1a2b3cppp ...... Read the original thread. The topic is trading in hindsight, in this case going back to 2008 and checking out the good trades that would have turned out nicely based on todays prices. So buying options will clearly be better than selling options, you wont be picking any expired contracts.

But this whole thread is useless, because looking back wont do you any good today.

10. #10     Apr 28, 2011