Ridge: Waterboarding Was “Wrong”; America Shouldn’t Have Done It

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Looks like Tom Ridge has joined the ranks of terrorist-sympathizers.

In a throwaway comment in this interview with ABC News earlier today, the former homeland security chief said he thought the decision to waterboard was “wrong.” While Ridge also strongly took issue with Attorney General Eric Holder’s decision to probe rogue CIA interrogators, Ridge’s declaration about waterboarding is significant, and here’s why:

Ridge’s claim comes after all the proof we’ve supposedly seen that waterboarding works.

Asked on ABC for a reaction to Dick Cheney’s claim yesterday that it was “outrageous” for Obama’s Justice Department to probe the rogue interrogators, Ridge said this:

I think he’s right. Pure and simple. I think the whole question of water boarding, I’ve said it a long time ago, I think that was wrong. It wasn’t the appropriate way for America to be conducting itself. Some of the other techniques don’t bother me as much.

But what really bothers me is that attorney general now after water boarding was prohibited and the CIA and other interrogators have made obvious changes in how they interrogate to go back and investigate, criminally investigate what these men were asked to do believing at the time that they were in power to do it and that it was consistent with the rule of law. I think it’s wrong, it’s chilling and it’s inappropriate.

No question, that’s a strong denunciation of Holder’s decision. But it’s at least as newsworthy — and perhaps more so, since Ridge was a Bushie — that he also denounced waterboarding as morally wrong and not “the appropriate way for America to be conducting itself.”

Here’s why: Ridge is implictly saying that the current debate over whether waterboarding “works” is a sideshow — one that should have no impact on whether America should have done it. This position routinely gets torture opponents branded as terrorist sympathizers. Yet here’s the top Bush/Cheney homeland security official saying the same thing.

http://theplumline.whorunsgov.com/p...ding-was-wrong-america-shouldnt-have-done-it/

2. what ever happened to those waterboarded terrorists?

permanently scarred are they?

nothing 60 minutes with Oprah or Doctor Phil couldn't resolve ...

liberal-fucking-douche-bags

3. "liberal-fucking-douche-bags"

You are rather well informed, aren't you?

LOL!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqivpTqo8pM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZqivpTqo8pM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. "informed", no ... I choose to bury my head in the sand now a days

when i lift it out, i'm subjected to the stupidity of "torture" charges from liberal-douche-bags

5. "informed", no ... I choose to bury my head in the sand now a days

Obviously...

6. ok, we agree, end of argument .... liberals are worthy of scorn, ridicule, distrust, and should be first on the list for "end-of-life counseling"

7. im waiting for a come-back ... got one that I can't simply bat out of the park?

8. "informed", no ... I choose to bury my head in the sand now a days

9. http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-08-30-tom-ridge_N.htm

Ridge backpedals on pressure to raise terror alert level

So Ridge "wondered" if the threat level was security or politics. Holy shit. Its something he "wondered". Talk about a smoking gun. It's something he "wondered". Wow, I am convinced.

This is your typical worthless topic by Optional777.

10. Another Bush cabinet member backpedals...

LOL!

#10     Aug 31, 2009