Rick Santorum climate change is false. the bible tells me so.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

Totally agree with most of you guys: bringing Santorum's horseshit into the cold harsh light of a national presidential platform would be the best thing to happen to this country in a long time. Every political clown thinks he's a savant until he has to explain himself on a spotlit stage.
    This makes no sense. It's like saying good needs evil to exist for good to exist, or wisdom needs willful ignorance to exist for wisdom to exist. I would love a world full of good and wisdom where evil and stupidity were merely abstract concepts.

American has never had a truly liberal leader, so all this railing against liberalism is just conservatives raising their stupid heads in rage because they can't get their way at every turn like they used to. No more slavery, no more Jim Crow, women get to vote and even hold office, public schools work when not being sabotaged by plutocrat toadies, religion doesn't get to enlist and tithe everybody, etc.

#11     Feb 21, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I was speaking philosophically, of course. Do you agree that good or evil would have to exist, if only abstractly, in order for us to perceive their opposite? I.e., we cannot know good without observing (or imagining) evil?

#12     Feb 21, 2012
  3. no. thats a common religious argument used by bible thumpers to rationalize the inaction of their god in the face of evil.

#13     Feb 21, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Are you saying "no" because the argument has been abused?

#14     Feb 21, 2012
  5. You know what I don't get is, Rick is above all a Christian right?
    And the idea of caring for people and of altruism is absolutely central to Christianity right? So how come he doesn't care about the future generations who will inherit a hell-hole earth from us if we don't do something about our CO2 pollution?

Is it because science came up with evolution, which is counter to his faith, so science is not to be trusted? Is it the oil money? Is he just plain stupid?

Frankly a lot of the stuff I see from the Christian right is quite evil. Denying people rights, shirking duty towards future generations, a willingness to go to war, and suppressing common-sense birth control measures that would reduce AIDS and the overpopulation problems. I think Jesus would be horrified to see how his teachings have been corrupted.

#15     Feb 21, 2012
  6. where did you ever hear that? that is not at all what modern christianity is about.
    the supposed message of jesus was about doing good works and helping the poor.
    that was all lost when jesus was killed and paul hijacked christianity and turned it into a message of good works gets you nothing and all you need is a profession of belief. then along came the catholic church and corrupted the message even further and christianity evolved into what it is today.

#16     Feb 21, 2012
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Not sure a whole lot of corruption was required. You can find justification for slavery in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. Jesus never once spoke out against slavery, which is weird considering that he spoke out against every other evil. Of course we only have second-hand accounts of what Jesus allegedly said, so who knows what was left out (or added)?

You can also find justification for the flat-earth theory in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. That alone tells me everything I need to know about Judeo-Christianity.

#17     Feb 21, 2012
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

++1

I put Paul right next to Adolph Hitler and Pol Pot in the pantheon of evil. Hard to believe most Christians can't see right through his misanthropic bullshit.

#18     Feb 21, 2012
  9. You forgot about the talking snake and living inside a fish.
    Did you see the clip of Tebow singing "Yes Jesus loves me" while on the sideline during a game, funny shit. He's an idiot, but funny.

#19     Feb 21, 2012
  10. Mnphats

Mnphats

Liberal think tank up in here....

This thread embodies exactly whats wrong with leftist whackos.

#20     Feb 21, 2012