Rick Santelli just went off

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Ever wonder why 95% of traders lose money?

There is no reason why anyone should ever watch CNBC except for entertainment purposes. The entire network is a shill, except Santelli.

#31     Feb 14, 2008
  2. Yes, I would agree 100%
    CNBC does seem to be a great measure of sentiment at the extremes.

#32     Feb 14, 2008
  3. lol. This post is so funny. So what are you trying to say? Rick is just a moron regurgitating what the market gives him?

You all act like the morons on CNBC can't be correct. A lot of the money made in this market is made by complete accident. Hell, LTCM had a bunch of fuckin geniuses working for them and look how that turned out.

Some times the idiots have something good to say. How they get it is beyond me, but I like keeping an open head after i've formed my own opinions.

Why some people don't.....We'll that's their business, but it's not a good way to go about things IMO.

With that said, CNBC is like a business reality show. 80% garbage, but sometimes you'll see something worth while or entertaining.

Was happy to see Rick on there today setting that goofy fuck with the glasses straight.

#33     Feb 14, 2008

4. good call... :D

#34     Feb 14, 2008
  5. jd7419

jd7419

Goofy Dennis Kneale surely can't be as dumb as he sounds. I think cnbc hired him to simply be bizarro kudlow during the day.

#35     Feb 14, 2008
  6. Yeah, Santelli is great. I wonder if the other anchors are starting to hate him since he corects them and sets them straight................... Maybe Rick should set up a blog.

#36     Feb 14, 2008
  7. cstfx

cstfx

They hired people like him because they lost access to the true professionals of the financial media when Fox bought the WSJ.

Seriously, WTF does an entertainment reporter ("and it looks like Britney is stopping for her daily Starbucks fix!") know about the Fed. I bet he couldn't tell me how interest rates determine price.

#37     Feb 14, 2008
  8. cstfx

cstfx

This new aggressive personality that he's showing is kinda new for the channel - I think he's getting tired of all the idiots that CNBC promotes. He wasn't always like this. But hey, at least he doesn't think he's smarter than EVERYONE and has his own hedge fund, like another CNBC personality (and I don't mean Kramer (sic))

#38     Feb 14, 2008
  9. I am absolutely AMAZED how many of you watch CNBC throughout the day......WOW

I really am starting to understand the 95% fail rate.

#39     Feb 14, 2008
  10. Because the screen graphics say "The CNBC Edge"? :D

#40     Feb 14, 2008