Rick santelli is a fighter of the truth

Discussion in 'Trading' started by monstercat, Mar 1, 2008.

1. LOL.....Priceless!!!

#41     May 2, 2008
  2. Coolio

Coolio

I loved the shouts of the guys in the pit around Rick.

Leisman might have a point about Europeans needing dollars ASAP, I don't know about that, but how can Leisman be considered CNBCs chief economist when he is not an economist.

As a holder of a B.A. in economics it kinda grates on me that they have a smart*ss journalist in there. Cramer is another smart*ss journalist.

In general, I love the criticism of the Fed, the more the better.

#42     May 3, 2008
  3. Rick is right but I think the railing is just another marketing trick fromCNBC . Have you noticed how the tone has changed between commentators, they must be pushing them to do just that. Keeps viewers glued to the screen.

#43     May 3, 2008
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've wondered the same thing.
    It my work on the sheeple but it doesn't work on me. The minute any of them start arguing I'm reaching for the mute button.

BTW Rick is one of only a handful of their commentators I'll listen to.

#44     May 3, 2008
  5. heywally

heywally

Rick is about my fave on there also - he's knowledgeable and I like his old-school Chicago style; I'm 55 and have seen that show evolve - from the 80's - (along with lots of other TV) to the cackling crap that it now is. The only reason I have it back on is that thinkorswim (my new secondary brokerage) has a free feed and I know that stories break there sometimes.

Bloomberg is an alternative but they've chosen to go the cackling route also, with the TH's.

#45     May 3, 2008
  6. jsmooth

jsmooth

#46     May 27, 2008