Rick Santelli is a CLOWN

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by walter4, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Cosmonaut

get your money back that you paid for your degreee. Instead of having an open mind , you come out of college with these lefty leaning speech. Save it for Econ 101, and between bong rips back at the apartment.

This site is for Trading 5001.

EF

#11     Feb 21, 2009
  2. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Oh lord, conspiracy theorists ride again. "THE MAN", is out to get us???, yea, right, you dont think "the man" has gotten slammed hard in this recession, look up all the russian billianaires, most have lost more than 1/2 thier net worth, Buffet,, TB.Pickens, Soros, Madoff, and his old crusty crowd, even Gates has lost billions. If those guys arent part of this mythical "the man" group then i dont know who is.

Big Newsflash for you,!!! may be hard to take, there aint no "Man", controlling your fate/life, it is actually a summation of choices you have made through your life that leads where you are today,,, yes can be very hard to grasp that, I know.

EF

#12     Feb 21, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

#13     Feb 21, 2009
  4. Tide31

Tide31

Tax and spend. Tax more and spend more. Make friends with all the dictators that possess or desire to possess nuclear weapons, commit genocide, punish women for being women, etc... -then seriously piss them off with protectionism. Obama in one month is heading us for Depression then WWIII. Tell that to your commie professors.

#14     Feb 21, 2009
  5. From the late 1940's to 1997, the real price of existing housing remained essentially unchanged, and then almost doubled from 1997 to 2007. In view of those price movements, subsidized homeownership doesn't seem likely to have been a major factor for a bubble that began to inflate only 12 years ago.

#15     Feb 21, 2009
  6. My point is simple: homeowners in the US have been living off renters for sixty years. To see someone then rant on about paying for his neighbor's house with the extra bathroom when his neighbors who rent - or those few who paid in full for their houses - have all along been paying for his mortgage, and then see all these people patting him on the back for his ignorance or deliberate hypocrisy - I don't know which it is - is just beyond the pale. Way beyond.

#16     Feb 21, 2009
  7. amechanic

amechanic

The news brief from the WHITEHOUSE didnt even correct him! They just asked that he use the proper verbage.

#17     Feb 21, 2009
  8. The top 20% of earners pay 69% of federal taxes, so it's this group of taxpayers that is providing the majority of the subsidy you mention. And, it is this group that will pay a large portion of the various stimulus programs funded at the federal level.

#18     Feb 21, 2009
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Yes Sir - And how/ why - is this fair?

BTW - That very first stimulus check the Gov sent out - I didn't get one - but I sure paid the taxes so a lot of other folks could

#19     Feb 21, 2009
  10. r-in

r-in

LOL, this is a great thread. To those who doubt the guy is an econ major, remember the economists are the ones at the Fed who are making it up as they go and making it worse as we go. Hell, the former savior Allen Greenspan you might remember is an economist. You know the guy who during Congressional testimony a few years ago at the peak of the real estate hype and lowest interest rates told people they should be jumping into Adjustable rate mortgages. Yea, and low and behold all those mortgages eventually had to adjust, and rates were a bit higher, and now those nice payments on the house they couldn't really afford are going up. Whoops the savior was wrong, but as time goes on we find this was probably one of a few of the econ saviors mistakes, like running interest rates so low so fast in the first place.
    Economists and weathermen, they get paid for being wrong in their theories more than they are right. Although I have to say weather prediction has gotten quite a bit better. I can't say the same for economists, which in and of itself isn't so bad, but the fact that politicians pick one and then lead our country down the road their econ savior preaches is a big problem.

#20     Feb 21, 2009