Rick Perry’s Texas Hits Highest Unemployment Percentage In 24 Years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 17, 2011.

1. While Rick Perry has been touting his record of creating jobs in Texas as a key reason he’d make a great president, it turns out employment numbers aren’t so peachy in his homestate either.

NBC’s Michael Isikoff reports that the Texas unemployment rate “increased to 8.5% in August — the highest level in more than 24 years and more than twice the rate when Perry took office in December 2000.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...employment-percentage-in-24-years.php?ref=fpb

2. Well, the GOP is well known for their delusions of grandeur, among other things.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

So, it appears, are she/male nurses. :D

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The last two days an old 80s tune has been looping in my head.

"Teenage Enema Nurses in Bondage".

Hope it doesn't last LOL.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e5ep8jp2zkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Careful, it might get stuck in your head too. :)

Sorry for the hijack. Now we return to our lethally boring "I hate Rick Perry" programming.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh?

RCG my boy. Come on now. You are smarter then that. People of all political persuasions have delusions of grandeur. Are you feeling OK?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

He and IQ 47 were eviscerated in last nights melee.

He just needs a good cry and he'll be back to normal.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Go easy on him Lucrum. We might be able to save RCG. I'm not saying it won't take some effort, but there is some hope. :)

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Quote from the article:

The private sector added 8,100 jobs, but the public sector lost 9,400.

“Texas is not immune to the effects of the national recession,” Ray Sullivan, Perry’s chief spokesman, told NBC. “Yet Texas continues to outperform the rest of the country and is still home to roughly 40% of the net new jobs created nationwide since June 2009.”

“And even during this national economic downturn, which the president’s misguided policies have only worsened, Texas remains the nation’s top economy, attracting jobs and growing by more than 1,000 people a day,” Sullivan added.

So let me get this straight. TX is cutting the size of their government by getting rid of some government jobs and this is the evidence you have showing their economy is not better then the rest of the country? Genius.

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I was cool with RCG's posts until he started yammering about appalachians and revealed his racism and mindless stereotyping. Aligning with IQ-47 was the last straw. I'm going to hammer him as long as I have an account here. He's truly an idiot.

10. Max E.

Max E.

This is even funnier when you consider the fact that about a year ago RCG trader was talking about how he supposedly liked the tea party.

#10     Sep 17, 2011