Richest DayTrader

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilyo, Jun 18, 2009.

1. academic

academic

Exactly. You won't find what you are looking for.

Read Market Wizards. It's the closest thing to what you want.

#11     Jun 19, 2009
  2. +1

#12     Jun 19, 2009

3. Why? Every time a day trader writes a book they blow up!

Like Marty Schwartz and Lewis Borsellino, for instance.

They must "sense" impending doom...

#13     Jun 19, 2009
  4. monti1a

monti1a

Read "Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg.

It's precisely what you're asking for.

Edit: It's the daytrading equivalent of Market Wizards and a very good read.

#14     Jun 19, 2009
  5. AAA30

AAA30

Read books on poker look up stuff by David Sklansky.

#15     Jun 19, 2009
  6. lol

#16     Jun 19, 2009
  7. What are you talking about? Blow up because he couldn't manage a fund for some Middle Eastern guys... it nearly caused him his life.

Also, every trader has losing periods... Jesse Livermore aka the greatest trader ever. Read Market Wizards and those guys also blew up early in their careers.

Marty never completely blew up anyway. He just gave up on managing other people's money from last I remember.

#17     Jun 19, 2009
  8. I read somewhere that one of the interviewees is a mini-Madoff who pulled a Bernie, but the authors and authorities didn't know it at the time. It might be fun reading, but I'll wait for the softcover. Since some of the interviewees are reportedly vendors of one kind or another, I'd be inclined to regard this book as strictly summer entertainment fare.

#18     Jun 19, 2009
  9. PM me with a e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

#19     Jun 19, 2009
  10. overbet

overbet

Hands down the best trading book I have ever read (and I read a lot) is..............................drum roll...........................Trade like a hedge fund by James Altucher. I use most of the strateies and they work......but shhhh dont pass it on.

#20     Jun 19, 2009