Richard Regan - Pro Trading Course

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trader1993, Jun 22, 2011.

1. emg

emg

if u have money. expect to spend more than $5K.

#41     Jun 28, 2011
  2. bone

bone

Get in touch with the NFA immediately - they will actually be much more proactive, diligent and aggressive with him than the CFTC or SEC. Do not try to get others involved, because it is your own funds you are trying to recover.

Regan is registered with the NFA and as a member has agreed to comply with NFA standards and procedures. If the NFA believes that he broke laws, they will refer him to the CFTC, but please be assured that the NFA imposes fines and sanctions on members for actions that may or may not ultimately be viewed as illegal. Again, the NFA enforces a stringent ethics conduct code and they are very diligent.

My 2 cents, no downside to being a whistleblower in this instance. Do not wait on others.

#42     Jun 28, 2011
  3. Keysmank

Keysmank

Signed up for the course in October after being told the course was closing for new applicants. Should have let it go.
    The contract was clear that $5k was to be used as a deposit against possible losses from a PTC funded trading account.
    Unless everyone got different contracts I don't see how there is an confusion about PTC's liability for breach of contract.

#43     Jul 5, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Any update on this guy? Has anyone been able to reach them?

#44     Jul 18, 2011
  5. Sonny39

Sonny39

I contacted the NFA last week and faxed them a copy of the contract and proof of the money I sent to Richard as requested. Suggest you do the same. The more pressure we put on the better.:mad:

#45     Jul 18, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Good for you. Get your pound of flesh and rightfully so. The NFA is much more proactive and aggressive than the CFTC. In fact, if there is a legal compliance issue the NFA will formally notify the CFTC.

#46     Jul 19, 2011
  7. i was wondering has anyone had any luck getting their deposit back.
    cause i haven't! anyone have contact information on richard, the email trademaven gave me doesn't seem to be getting results. let me know if anyone is seriously interested in tracking this guy down through a PI. the more people i get the less per person cost finding this guy. i know i would like pay this guy a little visit...maybe get some or all of my money back.

#47     Sep 1, 2011
  8. Sonny39

Sonny39

Richard has mysteriously erased his profile on Facebook, not a good sign. I did some research and I come up with an address I believe is his:
    Richard C. Regan Jr.
    N. Astor Street Apt. PH
    Chicago, IL 69610-2397
    (312) 451-1554 ?

I'm thinking I'd like to bring him to court, pro se. I'm looking into it.
    Let me know if anyone is interested. There is power in numbers.

#48     Sep 2, 2011

9. I would be interested in that if all other means fail.

#49     Sep 2, 2011
  10. Keysmank

Keysmank

Got any friends in Chicago who can ring the bell?
    Must have been paying the penthouse mtg with our funds.

#50     Sep 12, 2011