Richard Regan - Pro Trading Course

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trader1993, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

That was a good idea. Although I have no idea why he would make this up but people have been known to post some stupid shit just to get attention.

#31     Jun 23, 2011
  2. bone

bone

It would appear that any educator that packages training along with prop trading would require a great deal of due diligence by the potential client. In fact, any educator requires a great deal of due diligence. My opinion is that the quasi training / brokerage business model is probably not in the best interest of the client.

My sense is that these quasi training/trading combo firms might tend to be very weak with the training aspect and the business model is essentially a ploy to pry a more substantial deposit from a client and make it essentially non-refundable under the guise of 'training'.

My 2 cents. The trading education field is slimy to the max.

#32     Jun 23, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bone, did this guy ever contact you? Why has he been AWOL on this thread? I'm beginning to think maybe this thread was a hoax.

#33     Jun 23, 2011
  4. bone

bone

#34     Jun 23, 2011
  5. He's not the only one. I did the same thing. I looked at the contract and nothing seemed amiss. The receipt said refunds were available after the first year of trading net of any losses. I have the emails confirming this info. Anyone know a good lawyer?

#35     Jun 25, 2011
  6. Sonny39

Sonny39

Hey trader1993,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I signed up with Richard last may 2010 and just started trading with him last april 2011. I'm in the same boat as you. Trying to figure out how to get a refund. Please let me know if you would like to discuss this privately for whatever options may be available. Thanks.

#36     Jun 26, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, so the question is, did you trade for a full year? That seems to be a catch as most people will quit before 12 months. These guys word these contracts very carefully.

#37     Jun 26, 2011

8. It will be one year in a few days. The problem is I'm not hearing back from anyone, either phone calls or emails. I'm considering arbitration with the NFA. Anyone know if this is a good idea?

#38     Jun 27, 2011
  9. Sonny39

Sonny39

No, Actually when I signed up, it took close to a year before I could even get him to open a live account for me. So I have been trading only 2 1/2 months before he shut me down. Maybe if we can get enough of us together we can go after him with one law firm in a class action suit.

#39     Jun 28, 2011
  10. No hoax, I was a prop trader for PTC as well. Sure Richard was a really nice guy, he seemed to care about his reputation. But for some reason PTC sold to trademaven. I still get a daily statement from trademaven everyday, but he has frozen my account, and they're just telling me to get in touch with Regan.

#40     Jun 28, 2011