Richard Dawkins on Rick Perry = slam dunk.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bone I didn't take you for a bible thumper please say it ain't so.

#21     Aug 26, 2011
  2. bone

bone

No thumping of a bible (do I own one ? if so, where is it I wonder to myself. I recall using one in the past as a weight for gluing something ).

I have a deep-seated aversion to judgemental people who so easily bestow vitriolic value statements upon others. And that includes atheists throwing bombs and hate at believers.

#22     Aug 26, 2011
  3. Is it vitriolic when a believer tells a none believer he is going to hell ? I've had Christians tell me that.

#23     Aug 26, 2011
  4. bone

bone

I do not believe that a Christian should be judging anybody. The worse part about religion is the concept of exclusivity. And for the record I am a Christian and I do consider myself a spiritual person.

If you don't believe in hell to begin with, maybe it was more amusing than vitriolic or offensive to you! But if you took offense, I could empathize with you for sure.

The big mistake atheists make is when they choose to insult or belittle believers - it does their cause great harm in my opinion.

#24     Aug 26, 2011
  5. Nope it never makes me mad, and I'm polite and try not to show what I'm thinking, because it does makes me want to laugh. And when someone asks if they can pray for me I say sure go ahead. Once I was with a customer and she noticed my very bad limp at the time and she asked if she could pray to heal me, all you would be proud of the way I acted, I let her do her voodoo christian healing act, she was an older lady and I like old people so maybe that's why I was so patient. By the way it didn't cure my bum knee. Anymore except for friends I skirt the subject if someone asks about religious beliefs, I just don't want to talk to them about it. And soon enough the conversation turns to money, sex, how to cheat the IRS or the football game anyway.

#25     Aug 26, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're membership for life in the democratic party is assured.

#26     Aug 26, 2011