Richard Dawkins, Famed Atheist, Supports Free Bibles In Schools

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, May 25, 2012.

1. jem

jem

Ah the fundamentalist comes out again.

So because you can not move a mountain right now... Jesus lied.

When Ed Seykota in Market Wizards said, "you get what you want out of the markets"... did he lie? Or was it a brilliant statement, more easily understood by those who make the journey.

#21     May 25, 2012
  2. a scientific analysis of the statement by open minded observers would have to conclude that yes, if jesus said those words he lied. or was just bsing people like preachers do today.
    of course, science being what it is you are welcome to run all the tests and present all the evidence you want to prove our conclusions wrong. let us know when you have something.

"Doesn't it seem odd that the "evidence for the existence of god" is completely hidden from the greatest human minds who spend their professional lives exploring how the universe functions, yet it is perfectly clear to uneducated simpletons who have access to internet-linked terminals? i wonder if it bothers the religious that atheists have brilliant physicists, biologists, mathematicians arguing for the atheist side, while they have, really, no one of credible intelligence."

#22     May 25, 2012
  3. jem

jem

In your "scientific analysis" have you factored in the understanding that time is an illusion? That time might no be linear. That time might be in part dependent on the way your brain works.
    That time started after the big bang.

2nd. There is evidence of God. (many top scientists state our universe appears fine tuned) and there is evidence this could not have happened by random chance. (There was not enough time for life to evolve from non life hear on earth.)

3. Not, that this is not a failed appeal to authority by you, but I will play your game.

There are Nobel Prize winners who believe.
    http://nobelists.net/

#23     May 25, 2012
  4. great job rationalizing why jesus lied in his so called book. do the sunday school children give you funny looks when you try to sell them nonsense?

#24     May 25, 2012
  5. a thinking person with minimal scientific knowledge would understand that even if it were true that the universe were fine tuned and there was not enough time, both not true by the way, it would not be evidence for a god.

#25     May 25, 2012
  6. jem

jem

No wonder why you went from fundamentalist believer to fundamentalist hater. Your binary approach thinks the bible should be read like a math primer.

#26     May 25, 2012
  7. jem

jem

This is your binary mind at work.
    It can be evidence... but not necessarily proof.
    I have tried to explain this to you many times.
    But you just prefer your binary thinking

#27     May 25, 2012
  8. :cool: ....hmnnnnnn, I see what the problem is here.....I can't believe I missed it...nevertheless......

Atheists are deprived of teaching Sunday school. They have no one to teach. awwwwwww, must hurt...... but no problem...Nutmeg to the rescue.......

Welcome to Atheist Sunday school

(Athiest teacher) "good morning students"

(student raises hand..) "Why are we here?"

(A teacher) "Well todays lesson"... "there is no God"

(class) "Yeah, can we go home now?"

"No"

"Why?"

"I want to expalin why there is no god"

(class) "Who cares."

(teacher) "I do"

(class) "Bye"

Teacher "You bunch of heathens, get back in your seat"

(class) "Nah, Nah, What are going to do, tell Jesus on me" "Am I going to hell?"

ruff..rufff...ruffff....:D

#28     May 25, 2012
  9. you might want to think about this statement.

#29     May 25, 2012

10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayBys8gaJY&feature=g-vrec

Makers of supernatural claims have an inescapable burden of proof.

#30     May 25, 2012