Richard Clarke - Against All Enemies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Cuz...you are a good little understudy for all the flaming asshole mouthpieces on the fascist fringe in this country. Like them, you spew and foam at the mouth in your impotent rage. Sound and fury signifying nothing.

m

#221     Mar 29, 2004
  2. 9-11 COMMISSION TO ASK CONDOLEEZA RICE TO TESTIFY UNDER OATH...

White House officials worked Monday evening to negotiate compromise that would allow public release of Condoleezza Rice testimony before commission looking into 9/11, the WASHINGTON POST and NY TIMES are planning to report in Tuesday editions. White House did not allow a recording to be made of what Rice said when she met privately with commissioners for 4 hours in Feb. However, staff members have notes that were described as being nearly verbatim.... MORE... Rice may submit to another private session with the commissioners and allow them to release a transcript... 'I would like to have her testimony under the penalty of perjury' the commission's chairman says... Two Dem senators, Ed Kennedy and Charles Schumer, planned to introduce formal resolution in the Senate calling on Rice to testify under oath, the LOS ANGELES TIMES reporting in its bulldog edition...

#222     Mar 29, 2004
  3. cuz

cuz

Nahhhhh...........I spewed and foamed in your moms mouth...........remember

#223     Mar 29, 2004
  4. cuz

cuz

Might that be LLL?

#224     Mar 29, 2004
  5. Yes.

A tremendously well run electronics defense company that is at the forefront of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaisance secured communications, not too mention pilot training and simulation, SATCOM terminals, port security, bomb-scanning detection equipment, aircraft remodernization and fixed-wing helicopter support at Fort Rucker, etc.

CEO Frank Lanza is worth every single penny that he makes. A tremendous manager with incredible defense experience and "vision".

Note: Richard Clarke is on record tonight in an interview with Chris Matthews on MSNBC's "Hardball" that all significant profits from his book ( or any future movie deal ) will go to charity for the victims of 911, Iraq, and Afghanistan. In otherwords, it's not about the money . . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4639380/

#225     Apr 1, 2004
  6. cuz

cuz

Well that is certainly nice of him.

I remeber you telling me about LLL a few weeks ago, would have been a nice hold from than(and before that)ahhh shoulda coulda woulda
    20/20 is heignsight. Anyway nice call!

#226     Apr 1, 2004
  7. Thanks for the props!

The stock has literally run-up for almost 12 days straight.
    My guess is that they had a super strong first quarter, and of course the news out after the close about Northrop receiving a $200 million dollar contract from the DoD for more Global-Hawks ( work to be completed by Oct. 2005 ) is bullish for L-3 as well, since L-3 produces 80% of all UAV "data-links".

Feel free to listen to the conference call at the end of the month when their earnings are announced. CEO Lanza gives the shareholder a tremendous "transparent" view of the entire company and what the future holds in the way of big contracts for their 4 divisions. L-3's conference calls are so well done that you leave having a tremendous amount of confidence in management, unlike some of these software companies that backload their quarters, miss deals, have issues with revenue recognition, suffer from weak sales forces, etc.

Cai von Rumohr at SG Cowen has been a huge bull on the stock and has been "right as rain" whereas others like Joe Nadol at JP Morgan have instead hyped the Prime Contractors which have underperformed because of the huge risks that are associated with monster platforms, like Lockheed with the F/A-22 fighter jet.

L-3 is very distinct in that it is a "mezzanine" player, and the stock performance as of late is now benifitting from this newfound realization.

#227     Apr 1, 2004
  8. KEAN: Last question, Congressman.

ROEMER: Last question, Dr. Rice, talking about responses.

Mr. Clarke writes you a memo on September the 4th, where he lays out his frustration that the military is not doing enough, that the CIA is not pushing as hard enough in their agency. And he says we should not wait until the day that hundreds of Americans lay dead in the streets due to a terrorist attack and we think there could have been something more we could do.

Seven days prior to September the 11th, he writes this to you.

What's your reaction to that at the time, and what's your response to that at the time?

RICE: Just one final point I didn't quite complete. I, of course, did understand that the attorney general needed to know what was going on, and I asked that he take the briefing and then ask that he be briefed.

Because, again, there was nothing demonstrating or showing that something was coming in the United States. If there had been something, we would have acted on it.

ROEMER: I think we should make this document public, Dr. Rice. Would you support making the August 6th PDB public?

RICE: The August 6th PDB has been available to you. You are describing it. And the August 6th PDB was a response to questions asked by the president, not a warning document.

ROEMER: Why wouldn't it be made public then?

RICE: Now, as to -- I think you know the sensitivity of presidential decision memoranda. And I think you know the great lengths to which we have gone to make it possible for this commission to view documents that are not generally -- I don't know if they've ever been -- made available in quite this way.

Now, as to what Dick Clarke said on September 4th, that was not a premonition, nor a warning. What that memorandum was, as I was getting ready to go into the September 4th principals meeting to review the NSPD and to approve the new NSPD, what it was a warning to me that the bureaucracies would try to undermine it.

Dick goes into great and emotional detail about the long history of how DOD has never been responsive, how the CIA has never been responsive, about how the Predator has gotten hung up because the CIA doesn't really want to fly it.

And he says, if you don't fight through this bureaucracy -- he says, at one point, "They're going to all sign on to this NSPD because they won't want to be associated -- they won't want to say they don't want to eliminate the threat of al Qaeda." He says, "But, in effect, you have to go in there and push them, because we'll all wonder about the day when thousands of Americans" and so forth and so on.

#228     Apr 8, 2004
  9. Seems to me that Condi Rice actually supports much of what Richard Clarke said during his testimony. The only difference that they had is whether or not Clarke asked to convene a meeting with the President.

#229     Apr 8, 2004