Richard Clarke - Against All Enemies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

A very noble sounding approach. Unfortunately it doesn't jibe with your frequent posts reprinting what various journalists/pundits have written (almost exclusively to the far right of the political spectrum, but I digress....) For instance, as recently as 3/20 (two days ago) you started a new thread entitled "Liberals, Terrorists & John Kerry" with a long reprint of an Ann Coulter column. Hmmm. :confused:

#11     Mar 22, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Magna if you only knew how much joy I get out of posting that stuff to watch liberals like you go crazy and shout and scream and cry. It's fun to watch your face turn red from the blood rushing to your face in pure anger over that stuff.

I don't believe anything I read because most of it is just entertainment. It's there to amuse you. People who write for a living or report the news for a living need to find an audience or they don't get paid. The only way they can find an audience is by being dramatic, over the top and sensational. And this means people on both the right and the left. This is coming from a guy that was in the number three journalism school in the country. So I know what I'm talking about.

#12     Mar 22, 2004
  3. Turok

Turok

Yes, Magna -- whenever Mav gets caught in a corner with no escape (pretty often), his "facts" suddenly become "jokes" and his posts which he initially defends become "just for fun".

He pretty much just believes what he writes -- and hey, it is entertaining - in a HarryTrader sort of way, that's for sure.

JB

#13     Mar 22, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Turok buddy, I think you take ET way too seriously. I don't know what you do for a living, maybe you like to swing trade e-mini's. Maybe you work in some cubicle and like to watch your stock portfolio during the day. Either way, most peope on ET, trade for a living and when they are bored they turn to ET for entertainment. That's what ET is, entertainment. If you are looking for hardcore facts or deep intellectual discussions, you would probably be better served at your local starbucks. Just look for that chic with the three noserings and a Nietzsche book on the table. But don't come here and complain that ET is not the bastian of universal truth that you thought it would be. Good luck.

#14     Mar 22, 2004
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

I've noticed that too Turok, and yes he does get caught fairly often. Another is his "two wrongs don't make a right" approach, unless of course he has a point to make and, well, in that case they do, damnit! I'm sure he must have admonished the multitude of right-wingers in that regard and I simply missed it. Jeez, i just hope that his face doesn't turn red from the blood rushing to his face in pure anger over getting busted once again (just kidding Mav... making a joke....)

#15     Mar 22, 2004
  6. pspr

pspr

I think she got her doctorate at the University of Denver.

#16     Mar 22, 2004
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Another great one from Mav. Sure, everyone else takes ET too seriously but he always keeps it firmly in mind that this is simply entertainment. Yeah. Right. Like the post he made a few months ago in response to dbphoenix:
    Yup, just entertainment to Mav...

#17     Mar 22, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually, that was a great post. All I can say to that is....FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! LOL.

I stand by that, Bush in a landslide!

Kerry is the 2004 version of Michael Dukakis. Easy win for Bush!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#18     Mar 22, 2004
  9. Can we get back to this Clark guy? I'm not going to point out the obvious fact that the way for a supposed Republican, particualrly a conservative or national security type, to get on all the talk shows and receive fawning attention for his book, is to trash the President. Happened with O'Neill, happened with that Joe Wilson blowhard, happening with this guy.

But I haven't really followed this. So is his big revelation that Bush wanted to know if Saddam was involved in 9/11? I guess I don't quite see why that was something incredibly dumb or evil or however Clark is painting it. If you were in Bush's shoes, wouldn't that be the first thing you'd want to know too?

Ok, I guess this Clark surmised that Bush wanted the answer to be "yes." Well, we have only his word for that, apparently he admits that his conclusion was based not on what Bush said but the way he said it, and so what if he did want to go after Saddam? He didn't tell them to invent evidence. He asked for the intell.

Seems to me to be very little substance here, not that the liberal media will let that deter them from their role as Kerry cheerleaders.

#19     Mar 22, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

CBSNEWS PUSHED BOOK IT OWNS; '60 MINUTES' DID NOT REVEAL PARENT COMPANY'S FINANCIAL STAKE IN CLARKE PROJECT!

#20     Mar 22, 2004