Richard Clarke - Against All Enemies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by waggie945, Mar 21, 2004.

1. After seeing Richard Clarke on "60-Minutes" earlier tonight, a man that has served three Republican Presidents, I take back everything "negative" that I have said about CIA Director George Tenet.

I will also add that Condoleezza Rice is a total moron.
    And I am saying this not just because I graduated from CAL and have been taught to "dislike" Stanford.

She is totally worthless.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...n_go_pr_wh/terrorism_adviser&cid=544&ncid=716

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

So you don't like Rice huh? Well, more importantly, what do you think of Margaret Whitman?

3. I'm not sure Mav.
    I think that she graduated from Harvard, but married a neurosurgeon from Stanford University School of Medicine.

I think she was at Hasbro before Ebay and managed the Mr. Potato Head Division . . . I did like Mr. Potato Head and Playskook though.

:D

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie I'm going to take a wild crazy stab here. You are a single guy here right? Not married? Have you ever been married? Here is why I ask. If you think Condoleezza Rice is a moron, then there is no woman out there for you. Here is her bio:

Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she earned her bachelor's degree in political science, cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her master's from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been awarded honorary doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, the University of Notre Dame in 1995, the Mississippi College School of Law in 2003, and the University of Louisville in 2004. She resides in Washington, D.C.

In June 1999, she completed a six year tenure as Stanford University's Provost, during which she was the institution's chief budget and academic officer. As Provost she was responsible for a $1.5 billion annual budget and the academic program involving 1,400 faculty members and 14,000 students.

As professor of political science, Dr. Rice has been on the Stanford faculty since 1981 and has won two of the highest teaching honors -- the 1984 Walter J. Gores Award for Excellence in Teaching and the 1993 School of Humanities and Sciences Dean's Award for Distinguished Teaching.

She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre Dame, the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board member of the Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for schools in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice President of the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula. In addition, her past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the National Council for Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula Urban Coalition and KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco.

Waggie, what is it you do for a living again? I forgot. I know it was something really important and really smart. I forgot what it was.

5. Clarke's version of events hardly seems realistic. Take this excerpt for example of what Clarke alleges sometime right after Bush returned to the White House on 9/11:

"The president dragged me into a room with a couple of other people, shut the door, and said, 'I want you to find whether Iraq did this.' Now he never said, 'Make it up.' But the entire conversation left me in absolutely no doubt that George Bush wanted me to come back with a report that said Iraq did this."

"I said, 'Mr. President. We've done this before. We have been looking at this. We looked at it with an open mind. There's no connection.'

"He came back at me and said, "Iraq! Saddam! Find out if there's a connection.' And in a very intimidating way. I mean that we should come back with that answer."

Sounds like a far fetched movie script.

6. Was she the one that called up then Mayor of San Francisco, Willie Brown and told him to stay out of the sky the week of 911?

Rice is a "token" yes woman.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie, love or hate her, she has accomplished more in 5 years then you have in your whole life. The same goes for me so don't take that as an insult. But I have a general rule of thumb in life, when people are more successful then I am, I usually am very slow to criticize them. It just doesn't look right for people to look up and tell people above them what they are doing wrong while at the same time you can't even compete with their shadow. Just my two cents.

8. The issue that has been raised regarding our Nation's National Security Advisor, Miss Rice has nothing to do with whether or not she has accomplished more than you, me, or Barry Bonds . . .

I just don't find her as anyone more than a "team" player that is more often than not, afraid to speak her mind with an original thought. That is what my gut tells me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Moreover, if Richard Clarke says that he approached her back in January of 2001 with an interest in addressing al-Qaida, and she didn't think anything much of it, ( much less understand what the "term" referred to ) then I am gonna side with Richard Clarke, who I might add served under Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr, Bill Clinton, and Dubya.

This isn't about Republicans vs Democrats, or left vs right Mav.
    It's about who you believe . . . and I believe Richard Clarke.

And if you are into comparing resumes like you did in one of your last posts, I have no doubt, no doubt whatsoever that Condoleeza Rice's resume, most of which is that of an ACADEMIC pales in contrast to that of Richard Clarke's serving a total of 4 Presidents over the past 20 years!

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ahhh Waggie, another difference between you and me. I don't believe anything I read or hear. Doesn't matter if it's from the right or left. Most of what you read is BS, so I wouldn't take Clarke or Rice's rhetoric as fact. Since you and I don't know what fact is. If you believe everything you read Waggie, I have some really nice swamp land to sell you in Florida, you can READ all about it in the brochure.

My response to you was in calling Rice a moron. You may not like her, and that's fine, but a moron she is not. She is smarter then 99% of the women in this country and far more driven and successful. If she is moron Waggie, I can assure you, there isn't a woman in the liberal Bay area for you to meet. You might have to fly out here to Chicago to meet a woman. Let me know when you come out. :cool:

10. Turok

Turok

Mav:
    >Ahhh Waggie, another difference between you
    >and me. I don't believe anything I read or hear.

And Wags, you should become more like Mav and start by not believing that.

JB

#10     Mar 22, 2004