Rich people still have jobs...poor people don't...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 10, 2010.

1. http://curiouscapitalist.blogs.time...Curious+Capitalist)&utm_content=Google+Reader

The data, which are for the fourth quarter, come from a new study (PDF) by Andrew Sum, Ishwar Khatiwada and Sheila Palma at Northeastern University's Center for Labor Market Studies. The researchers conclude that "what has been missing from the public debate over the labor market crisis is an honest and detailed analysis of which American workers have been most adversely affected by the deep deterioration in labor markets."

2. The stimulus was an utter failure, now they want to create a jobs bill that will create very few jobs too.

This administration has no clue what it is doing. None.

If it were a republican doing the same thing I would say the same thing.

3. In legal circles, your post would be considered non responsive.

In the mental health circles, you response would be considered Pavlovian right wing demented wacko...

4. kut2k2

kut2k2

You're either a lying sack or just plain oblivious. The stimulus has been a success as far as it went, the problem is that there wasn't enough of it. It has created jobs, it has prevented a depression.

Why are Repugs in Congress bashing the stimulus, then going home and taking credit for the jobs-creating projects in their districts? Pure rank, evil hypocrisy. Totally inexcusable.

5. He's correct the stimulus is a fiscal disaster but a good vote buying political policy.

Unfortunately your comment on the depression is consistent with the drivel peddled in academia by imbeciles.

6. Arnie

Arnie

In todays WSJ. Looks like at least part of the stimulus is permanent........

President Obama sold the $862 billion in stimulus spending as "targeted, timely and temporary." Critics said that was highly unlikely, and now the 2011 Obama budget has proven them right.

To wit, the White House is proposing to convert spending sold as a one-time economic boost into a permanent feature of future government growth. As both the Tax Policy Center and the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget have pointed out, supposedly temporary parts of the stimulus—expansions of the earned income tax credit, the child tax credit and Pell Grants for college students—have now found their way into the budget baseline.

True to the way Mr. Obama has honored his campaign pledge of transparency, this news was buried in a footnote on page 170 of the budget's Analytical Perspectives.

7. Ricter

Ricter

My headcount is down nearly 50% YOY, but I shudder to think how much farther down it would be, or if I'd even still be in business, if my customers had not been getting stimulus monies and the credit the stimulus enabled. Admittedly, my customers are not SMEs who apparently still cannot get credit.

8. That your current clients are on the dole is irrelevant.

I find it hilarious when people like (the dumbo eared one) only want to count one side of an equation and pretend the other side does not exist.

The stimulus (other than just printing money with abandon) is less efficient than taking water out of the deep end of the pool and pouring it into the shallow end.

Direct and indirect taxation (inflating money supply) all have their costs.

Tooth fairy economists (new Keynesian) fail to understand that make work projects or shoveling money out the door does not increase wealth.

Just because money is moving around does not mean wealth/productivity or standards of living are improving.

9. It's been my experience the that the rich people may or may not have jobs. But the fact is that they're buying up a TON of assets that were in otherwise poor hands.

#10     Feb 11, 2010