Rich people dont create jobs.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 17, 2012.

1. I was thinking along the same lines, you said it very well. I'd like to add re the smog test.

The smog test requires expensive equipment, which then displaces the marginal auto inspector who cannot afford the additional equipment.

#21     May 20, 2012
  2. The demand for labor was always there (and infinite), the ability to get it done in a cost effective manner requires the tool.

Why liberals can't see that must be a mental disease.

Perhaps rereading robinson crusoe or

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/78a84qbT5-w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/78a84qbT5-w?
    version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

#22     May 20, 2012
  3. and high taxes do?:D :D

#23     May 20, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Both factual and well stated.

#24     May 20, 2012
  5. Of course.

But if that's not true how can they continue to justify their historically low tax rates?

It's amazing how the Republican propaganda machine has so easily brainwashed the Fox News watchers that what's good for the 1% is also somehow good for the struggling middle-class Fox News watchers. It's like they're saying "Look. It's good for me not to be taxed so I can be richer and be a good example of how rich you can be but you actually won't ever be and meanwhile you're subsidizing my extreme wealth. That's a good American ! Good boy ! Here have a bone ! "

And the apologists for the super-wealthy think the bone is just great as they yell about the deficit and how we need to cut granny's benefits to balance the budget.

Jobs are created when people want wealth. Taxing the wealthy won't stop people from wanting to be wealthy. More important is the availability of capital for investing in new businesses.

#25     May 20, 2012
  6. WTF? Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

That Bill gates has billions of more dollars than me does not reduce my purchasing power.
    However helicopter ben and tax cheat geitner printing untold trillions of dollars very likely does reduce my purchasing power.

So please forgive me if I choose not to be taxed by both inflation and higher marginal rates not to mention harm by decreased business activity.

#26     May 20, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Could there be a totalitarian government that forces everyone to work?

#27     May 21, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

It's nothing more than an excuse. They either want to be (or more likely get) rich by living in a country with arguably unlimited opportunity while not being willing to ante up to play in such a country. Talk about a sense of entitlement, eh? Rather ironic.

Since tax rates are lower than they have been in decades, it follows that most of today's billionaires and other rich guys in America somehow managed to create and accumulate their weath under higher tax rates. Meanwhile, today's soon-to-have "rugged individualists" are a bunch of spoiled crybabies by comparison, who are implicitly confessing that they can't play by those same standards. A bunch of special-needs wannabe "players."

#28     May 21, 2012
  9. if the overall gain in fuel mileage due to drivers keeping their car in tune because of the smog test is greater than the $50 cost you have a regulation that has just created a net gain. we wont even mention the cost of dirty air.

#29     May 21, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bull Shit

#30     May 21, 2012