Rich people are nasty?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by nitro, Feb 28, 2012.

1. I don't hurt others in ways that karma can't come back and bite me. I don't physically harm others for joy. I have already been hurt by mankind in general and no I don't enjoy it. I just have to get revenge and seek justice on these wrong doers.

I'm a hater? My ego is the same no matter if I'm behind (in front of) my computer or not.

I hope I'm still as funny to you.

#21     Feb 29, 2012
  2. nitro

nitro

The link to the abstract is at the very top of the link I posted. Which by the way, deals mostly with correlation with wealth and breaking laws. The "nasty" is an interpretation of that act.

All of these studies are statistical in nature. Of course there are counter examples, not to mention that statistical studies are fraught with traps. The idea is to extract statistical truth, not absolute truth. Someone recently told me that suffering is the blow-horn of God. On average, human beings have a tendency to become numb the more money they have, and [become/want] to be very connected to others when things go wrong, financial or otherwise. Creature comforts and material wealth, like it or not, tends to lead to a trivial life for most of us. If we only took that comfort that money gave us and ...

#22     Feb 29, 2012

3. It doesn't matter what I say or what you say.

Facts are facts.

#23     Feb 29, 2012

4. Vigilante. You don't mind doing the dirty work. Yeah, sometimes you gotta make things even. But, if you are dumb about it, then it could backfire on you.

I have yet to see a bullied student go after the bullier.

The bullied student either kills him/herself or kills/harms innocent students.

That's dumb vigilantism. Caused more injustice and didn't make any wrongs right.

#24     Feb 29, 2012
  5. Yes roach.

#25     Feb 29, 2012
  6. sle

sle

Do they now?

#26     Feb 29, 2012
  7. Nope, I lied, I'm quite the retard.

See my trading thread, I've lost a lot recently. No money making in markets means that you are stupid obviously.

#27     Feb 29, 2012
  8. sle

sle

First of all, it's not a lot, at least in absolute dollars. Second of all, a little humility in this business goes a long way. In fact, I'd say that while ego is good in getting yourself hired in a trading role, it's bad for making money.

#28     Feb 29, 2012
  9. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120229104746.htm

"It seems that people have a tendency to stomp down on those they have defeated, to really rub it in," said Brad Bushman, co-author of the study and professor of communication and psychology at Ohio State University.

"Losers, on the other hand, don't really act any more aggressively than normal against those who defeated them."

huh :confused:

#29     Mar 1, 2012
  10. sle

sle

"Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet."(c)

#30     Mar 2, 2012