Rich Pawning Diamonds, Artwork; Cutting 'Jet' Time - Net Worth Shrinking

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 1, 2008.

1. You make a good point Brandon but I'd like to go deeper.

I've often remarked that the most successful traders I've know are super pricks.

It takes an obnoxious degree of self absorption to think you deserve eight or nine figures.

Most of us sub consciously hit a comfort wall. Some psychologists will say sons don't really want to out perform their fathers.

Even in athletics the “winners” have a jagoff air about them. Think Bonds, Jordan, A-Rod, Kobe. Even my hero Brett Farve. I read the other day that in three years Farve barely spoke to his backup Aaron Rogers. Even Vinny Chase with his patronizing "what now" line.

That's not to say winners aren't charming. All smart people can act. But deep down keeping ones riches is an act of egotism that few ultimately possess.

#51     Jun 16, 2008

2. what's your opinion on the VIX? Think it will stay pretty flat or head back to the March highs soon?

great article by the way on the ISEE index:
    http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/options/how_to/articles/-77152.cfm

surf

#52     Jun 16, 2008
  3. It's going to be very ugly.

#53     Jun 16, 2008
  4. I hear all these stories from different corners of the economy... that its a major macro swing down.

plus were headed into a Presidency of taxation....as if Oil hasn't taxed the american consumer enough..

#54     Jun 16, 2008
  5. Thank's Surf. Ya know the ISE contacted me and because they liked the article so much they put a link to the TM page on their site! :cool:

If we just mosey lower I presume the VIX will remain stable. I think we're entering a more stair step fashion on a new leg lower. The old school thing of lower highs, lower lows. Less extreme than 2002 or what we've seen when we roll over off swing highs. Every day bulls will see just enough micro strength to think it's safe to go back in the water.

#55     Jun 16, 2008
  6. No doubt Obama is weighing heavy on the market. Libs will never admit it (hell they're not smart enough to even notice it) but the oil rally commenced on the election of the Dem congress. It was like a megaphone"no new sources of American oil will EVER be developed".

I still see home prices in rich white areas holding up. They should. Gaining separation from the rioting masses is a price well worth paying.

#56     Jun 16, 2008

7. ...

By that standard, I am beyond destitute..

I'm a corpse with flies burrowing their eggs in me on a plain in Zambia.

#57     Jun 16, 2008

8. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc7oZ9yWqO4&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc7oZ9yWqO4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#58     Jun 18, 2008
  9. Natural diamonds are worth next to nothing...
    Their worth is only measured in a woman's belief that it makes her look prettier. That is just twisted...

#59     Sep 24, 2008