Rich Pawning Diamonds, Artwork; Cutting 'Jet' Time - Net Worth Shrinking

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

Good luck with that.

The US still has the lowest taxes in the civilized world.

Spend a few months in Canada where they hide taxes in the cost of goods and services and see how that works for you.

#41     Jun 16, 2008

2. why not keep your businesses running, then go overseas to find opps?

#42     Jun 16, 2008
  3. There are plenty of people taking risks like Mr. Dennis, but you only hear about the winners not the ones who went broke

#43     Jun 16, 2008
  4. many wealthy people have gone broke numerous time in their lives. broke is temporary for the wealthy mindset.

in fact, if you don't go broke once or more, your simply not risking enough to ever make anything ( unless your extraordinarily lucky)-- this is if your starting from the lower/middle classes.

yeah, you can save a couple mill and be in the Dentist/shop keeper comfortably poor category when your in your 70's--without much risk, but death is near and you never had much fun. i know a rich guy who saved every penny, lived like a pauper, died rich--now his heirs fight over the estate... terrible way to go.

surf

#44     Jun 16, 2008
  5. I agree you have to love to lose.

#45     Jun 16, 2008

6. you need to learn to lose.

not love to lose.

but i understand what you mean.

surf

#46     Jun 16, 2008
  7. these stories are of a bear market/depression era style nature..........

keep your eyes open for '87 style crash....

#47     Jun 16, 2008
  8. Surf: James is mentioning an old CBOT trading rule. You must LOVE to lose.
    Know why? Because we all love to win. Can't help not to, eh.

However the second one get's more of an emotional kick out of winning than losing he'll do everything he can to avoid taking losses.

Not taking quick losses is really just pain avoidance. If you love all outcomes equally then emotional detachment is a piece of cake.

Me, I hate losing. :)

James get's it. (he's one bright guy)

#48     Jun 16, 2008
  9. I don't think the markets long enough nor expensive enough for an ipso facto revalue. A 6 month to a year grind lower is more likely. This is the 70's. We already had the 20's-30's from 96-2002.

#49     Jun 16, 2008
  10. 2009 ARM's readjustment another nail in the coffin....

#50     Jun 16, 2008