Rich liberal journalist who voted for obama upset that her taxes are going up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Dec 1, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Rich liberal journalist votes for Obama because she like Obamacare, and now she is turning around and getting upset because her taxes are going up, WTF DID SHE THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?!?! I guess she didnt hear a word Obama said over the past 4 years. All you can do is shake your head and laughat the stupidity, oh yeah, and she is also in favour of taxes going up, but only for people like Buffet. In other words this idiot wants her ice cream, she just doesnt think she should have to pay for it, typical liberal who wants everyone else to pay. This could be one of the dumbest articles i have read in a long time, and given the fact that I read krugmans article on a weekly basis that says alot.

I wonder if this buffoon listened to a single thing Obama said on the campaign trail, or if she is just another uninformed liberal stuck in the echo chamber that is the mainstream media, where republicans supposedly want to take away their contraceptives,

The Mandate to Raise Taxes on the "Rich"

Within days of winning the election, President Obama announced that his victory gave him a mandate to raise taxes on the "rich."

Come again? This was a two-and-a-half-point election. It reflected a painfully divided electorate. The only mandate I saw was to unite a divided country.

I voted for Obama. I voted for him because I know how hard it is to buy health insurance for a single person with even a minor pre-existing condition. In the case of my nanny/housekeeper/dear friend, it was gastritis. Thank God for Kaiser, which sold me the insurance that some years later saved her life when she was diagnosed with cancer. So call it what you will, but I did not want to see Obamacare repealed.

Years after I stopped worrying about unwanted pregnancies, I did not want to risk Roe v. Wade. I was appalled that contraception could even be an issue. I believe that whoever wants to marry should have a right to do so regardless of their sexual orientation. I voted for Obama because I worry about cutting back on environmental regulation. I voted for Obama because I believe local schools need help from the federal government, because I believe we are one country, and that if there is an earthquake in California, we will need as much help from our fellow states — which is to say the federal government — as New York and New Jersey do in dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. I voted for Obama because he ended the war in Iraq and is committed to ending the war in Afghanistan.

I did not vote for Obama because I think I am paying too little in taxes. :)D :D :D)

Like many people I know, I am "rich" by Obama's standards. I pay more taxes, percentage wise, than Mitt Romney and Warren Buffett, because I earn virtually every penny of my income.

I work. And yes, all those deductions that allow the truly rich to not work, or at least to not work all the jobs I do, make me angry.

I am all for closing loopholes. I am all for ending deductions for things I don't even understand. But I am not for putting a low cap on deductions that would make it all but impossible for the charities I support to raise funds. I am not for putting a limit on the mortgage deduction that would mean, as a practical matter, that "middle class" (not rich) people in California would be priced out of the housing market, and the charities I support would not be able to raise what they need to survive.

And frankly, I don't think I'm alone. As a matter of fact, on this one, I don't think 51 percent of all Americans are to my "left" — if that's how you define the higher tax constituency.

Obama needs to be very careful. Yes, he was re-elected. But so were all those folks who blocked the extension of the Bush tax cuts if they excluded individuals and small businesses who make enough money to qualify as rich — but not enough to send their kids to college, or help their aging parents, or buy a home in a decent neighborhood.

We need to avoid going over the fiscal cliff. But Obama must also avoid the political cliff.

One of the amazing things about this country is that the middle class doesn't hate the rich. We are not a society divided by economic castes. Yes, there are real issues as the gap between the top and the middle, between CEOs and those in good but not great jobs, grows. But beginning a new term with what will look to many like a class war is not the way to fulfill the real mandate of this election, which is to bring us together, not turn us against each other.

Copyright 2012 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...andate_to_raise_taxes_on_the_rich_116242.html

2. For these people, it's all about feelings. It's certainly not about facts. She was able to get health insurance for her maid, despite the absence of obamacare. Romney was in favor of banning contraceptives? First I've heard of that. Roe v. Wade? What's so terrible about each individual state voting on it, like they do with gay marriage?

Since this writer appears to have been woefully uninformed, I guess it is no surprise that she didn't seem to understand that obama's entire reelection campaign was based on class envy and punishing those who have been successful.

Now she is alarmed. Like most voters, she is only in favor of tax increases on those who make more than she does. At least she will be able to get contraceptives for the screwing she is about to recieve.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Haven't you heard? States rights = slavery.

4. I guess one could call her '' no one but Obama '' .

5. Max E.

Max E.

:D

6. Ricter

Ricter

Wonder if I can find any rich liberals who think taxes should go up.

7. jem

jem

You wont find many who volunteer to pay more on their own.
    I suspect they all figure their accountants can handle the higher rates without much extra cash going to the Feds relative to their gross income.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Correct, we're in this together. If you disagree, vote for Romney.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is a pretty lame response, Ricter. Liberal millionaires who shout out "rich need to pay their share" are complete hypocrites if they're not paying more than than they are allowing themselves to be taxed (in finding loopholes and the like).

Suggesting that they don't lead by example just because others aren't being taxed higher is because "we're in this together", well, talk is cheap. In fact, it's free and untaxed.

10. fan27

fan27

this reminds me of something I heard. A large portion of Obama voters are Feelings, Faith, Facts people (at least those that are not directly benefiting from "entitlements"). They start with the feeling and have faith that they will arrive at their desired fact. Where as Romney supporters could be characterized as Facts, Faith, feeling people. They start with facts, have faith in them and then arrive at the feeling which is a result of seeing the fact play out. I explained this to my fiance who voted for Obama and she said the former totally described why she voted for him.

fan27

#10     Dec 1, 2012