"rich dad/ poor dad" Japanese guy now a TA guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OTCkrak, Feb 14, 2010.

1. loza

loza Guest

Kiyoshaki is nothing like Trump, he by accident wrote some books that took off and since he is a "guru". He made far more money in speaking, seminars and book/gadget sales than from R/E, but I am sure he might have a few houses for rent and he might even live in one....but he is no R/E guru or investor....
    Trump is on the other hand a class A A hole and fraud.

#31     Feb 16, 2010
  2. I don't know what this "being responsible" means.

Anybody who is full of hot air can write a book. This is a free country! It's a matter of whether one can find a publisher to publish the work and whether there will be enough people wanting to buy that book.

So let's say in the book, the "Kiyosaki" said "you should mortgage your house to short the Dow", or "I would mortgage my house to short the Dow". And after reading this book you did mortgage your house to short the Dow. And the Dow went to 14000. So you have lost your house. So you sue Kiyosaki for being "responsible" for telling people to short the Dow?

Unless someone is distorting facts in a non-fiction book, any prediction or advice is a matter of opinion.

#32     Feb 16, 2010
  3. I don't mean responsible in the context you've used it (as in responsible for investors losses). I mean responsible as in responsible for the content taught at his seminars and the content in the books that bear his name.

In the documentary I saw on him that accused him of charging money for terrible advice and terrible seminars, Kiyosaki basically said "I am not involved in these seminars - I only allow them to use my name (in exchange for a fee, of course). Therefore I am not responsible for what they teach."

This is complete BS. If his name is attached to the product, he is ultimately as responsible as anyone for the content being "taught".

#33     Feb 16, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Yea, I heard the broadcast on CBC radio. Total joke.

#34     Feb 16, 2010
  5. I remember seeing the ads a year or so ago in the Toronto Star....

In tiny tiny print, it says on the full page ad "Robert Kiyosaki will not be attending this event"

#35     Feb 16, 2010
  6. What is this documentary you people speak of? link please.

#36     Feb 16, 2010
  7. he obviously came in long today and sold the close....i got rid of my e signal... believe I can learn more from his charts...

#37     Feb 16, 2010
  8. A fourth-generation Japanese American, Kiyosaki was born and raised in Hawaii. He is the son of the late educator Ralph H. Kiyosaki (1919-1991). After graduating from Hilo High School, he attended the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in New York, graduating with the class of 1969 as a deck officer. He later served in the Marine Corps as a helicopter gunship pilot during the Vietnam War.

:eek:

#38     Feb 16, 2010
  9. I watched it on a Canadian news channel called CBC. Not sure who produced it. I will try to find a link somewhere for you.

#39     Feb 17, 2010
  10. Get out of here with your logic :p

#40     Feb 18, 2010