"rich dad/ poor dad" Japanese guy now a TA guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OTCkrak, Feb 14, 2010.

1. JRL

JRL

Right, I know the GAAP rule. :)

It's shown on the balance sheet for public companies, but a new vehicle should not be thought-of as an investment for the average individual.

#21     Feb 16, 2010
  2. bigpapi

bigpapi

just kidding just kidding

#22     Feb 16, 2010
  3. OttoMann

OttoMann

What software package is he using for those graphs?! I have to get that. Beautifully drawn lines and cat pictures....awesome.

#23     Feb 16, 2010
  4. As far as I know, his book, Rich Dad Poor Dad is fictional. However his advice is far better than 99% of American mass media which tells everyone to consume as much as they can. He gets the point across that homes, cars, boats etc are all liabilities, not assets.

#24     Feb 16, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Interesting TA from him, lets wait and find out how true this prediction will be in months to come, I think this market trades flat to down, no catalyst to push it up to new highs anytime soon and if it does go to new highs it will be because of even more stimulus and more printing of worthless dollars, thats the only thing that can keep this economy propped up.

#25     Feb 16, 2010
  6. bigpapi

bigpapi

+1

#26     Feb 16, 2010
  7. jalee25

jalee25

I'll have to admit... I could be a wierdo at times... :p

I've stopped reading Robert's books after the first couple ones. Thought the first one was the best read... and the theme surrounding the following ones are similar.

#27     Feb 16, 2010
  8. Come on guys!

I don't believe all those "Rich Dad Poor Dad This and That" books are written by Robert Kiyosaki himself. Maybe only the first one. Different writters are just tapping on his fame. Like those "Donald Trump This and That" book series. Yeah right... Donald Trump is going to have time to write books.

It would not surprise me if they come up with a Rich Dad Poor Dad on how to change diapers.

#28     Feb 16, 2010
  9. If his name is attached to the brand then he is associated, if not responsible. End of story.

#29     Feb 16, 2010
  10. And you are correct about Donald Trump. It's funny how whenever one of his projects goes belly up, he claims that the project was associated with him in name only. As if to say he is not responsible. If you don't want to be responsible, don't attach your name to shitty projects.

#30     Feb 16, 2010