"rich dad/ poor dad" Japanese guy now a TA guru

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OTCkrak, Feb 14, 2010.

1. He might include a free velcro wallet with each TA seminar.

#11     Feb 15, 2010
  2. bigpapi

bigpapi

He was a respectable person when he wrote his first book, then he began listening to and hanging out with Trump and everything kind of went downhill from there.

#12     Feb 16, 2010
  3. jalee25

jalee25

I met him once... he didn't even say a word to me... just looked at me wierd... oh well...

#13     Feb 16, 2010
  4. bigpapi

bigpapi

Something tells me you get that all the time from people ...

#14     Feb 16, 2010
  5. jalee25

jalee25

Maybe from people such as yourself... who think they're too good.

Sometimes people cross the line from cockiness... and confidence.

#15     Feb 16, 2010
  6. charts

charts

You ET clowns ... :)

#16     Feb 16, 2010
  7. #17     Feb 16, 2010
  8. That is one AWESOME graph :D

#18     Feb 16, 2010
  9. JRL

JRL

I disagree. His books are good, especially for people without financial backgrounds.

I'm an accountant, and I actually quite enjoyed his explanations of assets & liabilities in Cash Flow Quadrant. So simple, yet true - assets generate money, liabilities cost money. A lot of people think that their car is an asset, which is crap; it declines in value every minute and requires cash outflows all the friggin' time. Even for a guy who claims to be a real estate guru, he says that your house isn't an asset, as you still have to pay taxes on it. Who really owns it? The government. Pretty good stuff.

Anyway - I've also been to one of "his" (read: one of his franchisees) seminars, and it was pure crap. Without a doubt, this guy's aligned himself with some major charlatans, but it doesn't take away from the fact that his books are good. I've probably read about 5 of them and would gladly recommend them.

#19     Feb 16, 2010
  10. "A lot of people think that their car is an asset, which is crap; it declines in value every minute and requires cash outflows all the friggin' time."

You are an accountant? Jeez, I feel sorry for your clients. I hope you realize what you are saying is technically 100% WRONG?

If the asset requires cash outflows and depreciates then that is accounted for on the balance sheet, it does not make a car "Not an asset". If a car is financed the Car is the asset the liability is the financing agreement/note. PLENTY of assets (both consumer and productive) depreciate.
    This in no way makes them "Not an asset".

Far from being a teacher of sound business principles, this guy is a 100% crank who has mislead many. If one wishes to learn to think like an investor/businessman, failing to understand even the very basics of accounting is not a great place to start.

#20     Feb 16, 2010