Rice futures commentary

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by long, Nov 21, 2022.

1. long

long

I've got some connections to the rice market and have always followed it on the board. About 8 years ago I ran across a CTA that offered a weekly market analysis that included Rough Rice. It wasn't super impressive but it was the only one I have ever seen for the rice market. Do you know of any market analysis services that include rice?

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

No. Nobody trades it because it has no liquidity and the spreads are wide. You are in Class IV milk future territory now. If you have connections to the rice market, why not ask your connections? Corner the thing!

Da FUQ you are asking about an instrument that nobody trades? Are you a rice farmer looking to hedge your harvest? If not, fugheddabouddit.

3. long

long

wrong kind of connections. I grew up on a rice farm and still have family members growing rice. I’ve traded maybe 10 rice contracts in my life. My interest in rice market analysis is mostly to help those family members market their crop.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Welp, in all my time here, you are the first user I have seen that has a physical commodity to trade, and can utilize a futures contract which will handle your physical commodity when you wish to unload it to a counterparty. Fascinating.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  5. long

long

I just can’t remember the CTA that I ran across years ago. His name was something like “Delauder” maybe. His analysis was mostly based on Elliot Wave and I want to think he was located in TX. I’d like to find him again but would also like to find someone who focuses more on supply/demand than TA.

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  7. long

long

I ran across it. It’s what I would call market journalism, not market analysis.

8. %%
    YES;
    barchart.com.
    Rough rice, 56% buy, 50day moving average=buy,100 dma = buy............................
    SPY =8%sell , 200 day moving average sell.......................................
    I dont trade rice, but i give some away. We always ate 100% whole wheat[brown bread] as kids + brown rice [natural, not so called enriched \LOL].
    Funny rice thing happened this year, the old school auto mechanic eats 100 % whole wheat [brown bread.]
    He saw some brown rice in my car + said ''what are you doing with that brown rice, Hispanics eat that.LOL:D:D'':caution::caution:

9. easymon1

easymon1

Are your people in Louisiana?
    What would be the frequency, timing, and content of an adaquate, and a superlative product for your purpose?
    deleterr11.png
    You may find that by collaborating over a common chart, your crew can hold their own against the "experts" at timing your activities.
    May as well try your hand at a simple setup/trigger method that you can run some stats on to see if it suits. Break a leg!

Trading the T-line - (a quick and easy 4 minutes how-to) ...
    Stephen Bigalow
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...t-right-here-baby.335635/page-15#post-5162295

firewood joke.jpg
    http://www.equityclock.com/charts/rough-rice-futures-rr-seasonal-chart/

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Jake+bernstein+seasonality&t=h_&ia=web

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  10. easymon1

easymon1