Rho Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Econmajor, Feb 15, 2006.

1. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

I am in the last stage of the application process with Rho. What exactly is it you are wanting to know. In regards to applying I can tell you it has been very lengthy and involved. I was told they received around 400 resumes then narrow it down to 100 and keep narrowing it down. There are 5 total stages. I was told they were less than 10 people they were still persuing.

#11     Aug 1, 2006
  2. Asazel

Asazel

Hey THEWOOD, I am in the same spot as you. I took my phone interview on Sunday. It blew my mind when the interviewer said 400 people applied for the job. I am a bit disheartened that it is so hard to get into a traders assistant position. It is interesting that 2 of the final 10 follow the Elite Trader forums.

Anyway, good luck! (well not really :D )

#12     Aug 1, 2006
  3. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

Heard anything yet today?

#13     Aug 3, 2006
  4. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

I have my in house interview on the 23rd. I got the email around 2 this afternoon.

#14     Aug 3, 2006
  5. Asazel

Asazel

I didn't make it to the next round. Good luck on your interview!

#15     Aug 3, 2006
  6. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on your job search.

#16     Aug 3, 2006
  7. Looks like Rho is starting another round of interviews.

Any pointers?

#17     Nov 7, 2006
  8. I made it to the phone interview.

Where are you guys?

#18     Nov 11, 2006
  9. saabrjhs

saabrjhs

I got a reply from my initial application. It included some forms and an Excel question, but was due the 20th and I still have yet to reply with the completed forms. Does anyone know if this firm is looking for candidates with extensive programming skills? I figured out the Excel VBA problem, but had to re-learn how to do that stuff (which I did in some lame computer class in college). I am looking to start a trading career in an "Assistant Trader" position, but don't really have a programming background. I might decide to send this stuff in, if the position isn't centered around programming. Let me know, thanks!

#19     Nov 28, 2006
  10. Trying to see if anyone works for or has in the past worked for, Rho.

-thanks guys

#20     Dec 7, 2006