revolt against moderating/censorship

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ROCK SOLID, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all this moderating really annoys me. ET wasn't moderated like crazy when i first came here years ago, why start now?!

moderators should delete spam and move off topic threads where they belong; that's it.

i don't need a babysitter and i don't need someone deciding FOR ME what i should and should not see. i have access to an ignore list. i'm also armed with the ability to not click on threads i'm not interested in. what the fuck else do i need?! why do moderators feel like they need to mess with everything?!

anyone here asking for more moderating/censorship disgusts me.

ROCK

2. SPECIFIC EXAMPLE TO MAGNA:

magna,

why did you feel is was NECESSARY to CLOSE FPC's journal after he did not post in it for a few days?!?!?!?!? WHO CARES?!!? i want to know why you do meaningless sh!t like that?! if no one posts in a journal, it goes away on its own.

IF PEOPLE POST IN HIS JOURNAL, OBVIOUSLY PEOPLE DON'T WANT IT CLOSED!!! why is your opinion supreme!?!? and if his journal is worthless to someone, THEY DON'T EVER HAVE TO CLICK ON IT AGAIN!!!!!! what is the problem, people!??!?!

ET can run itself if moderators DELETE SPAM AND MOVE OFF-TOPIC THREADS. NOTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE DONE.

ET IS BECOMING A MODERATING MESS. THREADS AND POSTS ARE DELETED LEFT AND RIGHT. WHY BOTHER TYPING UP A POST WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW IF IT'S JUST GONNA GET DELETED?! WHY BOTHER STARTING A THREAD IN "TRADING" IF ITS JUST GOING TO GET MOVED TO "CHIT CHAT"!?

I HATE CENSORSHIP.

ALL YOU GROWN MEN THAT WANT BABYSITTERS ARE PATHETIC.

ROCK

3. what happened to super_ego?!

what happened to simtrader/johnny rotten?!

I'LL TELL YOU... MODERATED OFF ET.

WELL DONE!! LET'S MODERATE THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING!!!

ROCK

4. super_ego posted some great stuff and all he wanted to do was to help people. That's it! Just help. I have yet to see ANYONE post information like he did, which was clear cut to the point and informative. Who is there now on ET? I won't mention any names but the talent is sorely lacking. And who's to blame? Nobody but the moderators.

5. Another example is Jessie J. Jessie was bullish at the time he was posting, and Babak was bearish. What happened? The market went straight up, didn't even pull back. Well, because Jessie went against a moderators opinion he got the boot. So what do we have now? The moderator who lost people money and was wrong is still moderating and posting, while Jessie J who had people clean up is gone.

6. Magna

Magna Administrator

ROCK SOLID/#1 Trader/FRuiTY PeBBLe etc. etc. (so many aliases, so little time),

Regarding the FPC journal, I was one of his biggest supporters, I wanted the journal to continue. He started a journal about a year ago and let it die without entries. I was hoping this time it would be different. When he stopped posting in his journal (and essentially stopped posting on ET) there was no point in keeping it open. It would have quickly become a flame-fest, all posts being personal attacks, off-topic, etc. (actually it already had and at his request alot of the garbage had been removed). And in my opinion that wasn't worth maintaining since it was no longer a journal.

As to opinions being "supreme" to use your word (and may I assume that you want your opinion to be supreme in this case?), I use my best judgment to follow the guidelines set up by Baron in an earlier post:
    If you disagree with that, too bad, start your own chat website. If you think you can do better, then volunteer your services as a moderator and, if accepted by Baron, have at it.

As to threads getting started in Trading and later relocated to Chit Chat, I'm not sure I follow your thinking. The Trading Forum is at the top of the index list and therefore hosts the most threads. Many people don't want to bother, or are too lazy, to properly place a thread in the right forum. Or they're starting a Chit Chat type of thread but want it to be seen by more people, hence they start it in the Trading forum. Of course they should be relocated, and inandlong is doing a good job of that.

I appreciate that YOU HATE CENSORSHIP, etc. Personally, I HATE PEOPLE WHO FEEL THE NEED TO SHOUT AND POST IN ALL CAPS. THAT'S AN INFANTILE APPROACH SAYING LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME.... So I guess we all have our displeasures and that's part of what makes up a community of diverse individuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.