Reviews for Avatar is eroding like an option

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by noob_trad3r, Dec 16, 2009.

1. auspiv

auspiv

Saw it in IMAX 3d and loved it. I used to believe the future of movies was doomed because there have been so many shitty movies released in the past few years, but now I have hope. It was the first 3d movie I've seen, but the 3d-ness was way awesome.

#51     Jan 3, 2010
  2. bronks

bronks

Went for the second time. This time at an IMAX 3D theater. Having not been to a 3D movie since the glasses' tint were blue and red; and since I saw the same movie a week ago in the regular format... I can honestly say I was blown away.

There's still some bugs to be worked out but I'm sure all movies will be made in this format (3D) very soon.

That being said, there were a few spacial problems (especially with the in movie computer screens and photographs-- although it could be argued that everything will be in 3D in the future) and minor disorientation once or twice, but all very minimal. For the most part, I was pretty much slack-jawed by the attention to detail in this film and its ability to create a totally believable fictitious world seamlessly.

Go see it.
    At IMAX 3D.

... and I come from the camp that really thought this movie would bomb. I had no intention on seeing it.

#52     Jan 3, 2010
  3. nitro

nitro

I saw it in 3D with my daughter, and we both gave it two major thumbs up. A truly majestic film. The only thing I would cut out is the unnecessary foul mouthing in a couple of places...

Did you catch the kudos to "Aliens" at the end?

#53     Jan 6, 2010
  4. The movie is amazing. Very glad I saw it and hope to see it again.

#54     Jan 11, 2010
  5. mxjones

mxjones

Saw it - very good flick. I give it two thumbs up. Hated wearing the glasses, but it was worth it. Go see it in IMAX 3D if possible.

#55     Jan 11, 2010
  6. mxjones

mxjones

What was it?

#56     Jan 11, 2010
  7. nitro

nitro

#57     Jan 11, 2010
  8. not quite...

It's a copycat of the movie Pocahontas from Disney. ahahah there's no difference at all...

[​IMG]

:D

The story was of course very dull and predictable...

As for the graphics they sure are amazing and loved it. Amazing how there is so much detail when everything was created by computer. The CGI effects incorporated very nicely into the "real world" and couldn't really tell apart if the avatars were computer made or not.

Totally worth to see just for the 3d's sake

#58     Jan 11, 2010
  9. Not sure if it's the same or not, but the whole world knew the ending to the movie that grossed James Cameron 1.7 billion.

#59     Jan 11, 2010
  10. lol

#60     Jan 11, 2010