Review: Tradestation 7.x

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by elindydotcom, May 11, 2003.

1. Did Tradestation ever fix this? It's May 2005, two years after this was supposed to be fixed, and I'm seeing the same problem you described here and in your review -- lags during volume spikes on futures.

Part of the problem may be on the client side, where the CPU tends to peg at 100% during large volume spikes. It may be that the problem will disappear with a CPU and memory upgrade, but before I resort to that, I'd like to know whether the feed lag problem you described has indeed been fixed as promised.

#21     May 27, 2005
  2. Do you have many workspaces open?

Do you have like a million charts open?

Do you charts look like "Indicator City"?

Are your indicators set to update their values intra-bar?

Have you loaded like 50,000+ bars in your charts?

Are some of your indicators doing a shitload of calculations on every tick update?

Some things to consider.....

#22     May 27, 2005
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Hit Ctrl +Alt +Delete and click on "Task Manager" and you can watch your CPU percentage to see if you are pegging the tachometer.

#23     May 27, 2005
  4. I think part of the problem on the futures side was fixed by connecting directly to the exchanges -- there may still be lags, but I know that this was supposed to solve some of the issue.

#24     May 27, 2005
  5. doctoroe

doctoroe

Has anyone here used TradeStation for daytrading Eminis? It seems like the backtesting might be useful for fine tuning a trading system for S&P or Dow futures?
    Appreciate any comments.

#25     Sep 26, 2007