Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. It moves with every tick of unrealized profits till the account reaches the withdrawal threshold. Not some good news about the company, but a new parameter to plan and work a way around with if someone is planning to trade with MES.

#71     Oct 19, 2017
    MsFutures likes this.
  2. It is not for those who trade too often...I am planning to start in May/ June 2018.

#72     Oct 19, 2017
  3. Doe sit mean if one is not using trailing stop but exists trades with limit orders unrealized profit is not going to trigger account trailing stop? Only realized profit.

#73     Oct 19, 2017
  4. TraderMat

TraderMat

TraderJagadeesh. I was on the $150,000 account. Let me tell you a bit about my experience and you can take note for the $100,000 account. First, everything bout the funding partners can be viewed in OneUp Trader's website which was important for me to compare with the signed contract. Second, I traded the account like I would have my personal account with maximum 2 lots and once only did I trade it with 3 lots. I kept a BIG cushion for the trailing max loss which I did not withdraw. After I reached $155,000 the trailing max loss doesn't move anymore. I took the account to $160,000 before requesting a withdrawal. I withdrew $5,000 and then again took the account to $160,000 and did the same. I made sure I kept a minimum of $2,500 for every contract I traded. So 2 contracts/lots = $5,000 ($2,500 each). This way I was leaving a lot of room for drawdowns. I hope this helps. Remember the bigger the account the more room you have and ALWAYS trade what you see!

#74     Oct 19, 2017
    CDoubleUU, patientrade and MsFutures like this.
  5. TraderMat

TraderMat

I don't understand the limit order thing you're talking about. Can you explain that as I only trade using market orders.

#75     Oct 19, 2017
  6. Thanks for your advice. I appreciate that. :) I anyways blew up the live account and signed up for the 150k evaluation yesterday and decided to trade with only 2 lots. :) This is my second evaluation as well.

#76     Oct 19, 2017
    CDoubleUU likes this.
  7. What I meant was, just to take exits with limit order at predefined price levels so that the unrealized profits doesn't effect the max. trailing drawdown. Chip in few trades like that till the account reaches to the threshold, ie. 5k for the 150k account, and then we can trade peacefully and can expect runners as the max. trailing drawdown doesn't chase behind with unrealized profits from there on.

#77     Oct 19, 2017
  8. When we exit trades at predefined price levels with limit orders rather than looking for runners, the unrealized profit will be the same as that of the profits we booked. That's what I meant..

#78     Oct 19, 2017
  9. They only count realized gains(raw price difference*tick value) Im trying topsteps evaluation account now does anyone know if they automatically close positions during news events or do you have to be out yourself and if not does that mean that eliminates you from funding consideration?

#79     Oct 19, 2017
  10. I've traded a live account with topsteptrader. They keep on bugging you over phone calls to flatten your position and you have to do it. If you accidentally hold a position, they will kick you out of the live account. You need to be flat yourself during the news.

#80     Oct 20, 2017
    patientrade and caacapital like this.