Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. I totally agree with you on that. The trailing max. drawdown is calculated in realtime using the paper profits which is a bit annoying. This is what happened on my first day in the live account. I took a trade in CL with 3 contracts, that moved 50 ticks in my favor and I managed to exit the trade for a 30 tick profit. But my trailing stop moved 1500 up and my profit on that trade is just 900. To be honest, I didn't know that it works this way even till I started trading the live account. Now I decided to exit the trade with limit orders till that damn thing (trailing max.drawdown )stops chasing me behind without looking for runners which is working good so far.

#61     Oct 15, 2017
    patientrade and MsFutures like this.
  2. It is a bit odd. Do you mean that trailing stop moves with unrealized profit?

#62     Oct 17, 2017
  3. Overnight

Overnight

If your trailing stop moved 50 ticks up, how did you then not capture the full 50-tick move? Did you keep pulling the trailing stop back as the position pulled back, and then exit at 30t profit? What the heck is the point of the trailing stop then?

#63     Oct 17, 2017
  4. Yeah. It is calculated based on unrealized profits.

#64     Oct 17, 2017
  5. The trailing max. drawdown is calculated based on unrealized profits with MES account. My trailing stop was 30 tick in favor of my trade when market was trading at 50 tick in favor of the trade. It came down and triggered my stop, but the trailing max. drawdown moved by 1500.

#65     Oct 17, 2017
  6. Overnight

Overnight

So they should call the "trailing max. drawdown" to something like "profit taken" minus Max Favorable Excursion.

The terminology they are using is outrageous. Sounds like another BS method to screw people who are being conservative. They should be rewarding you for taking profits, not penalizing for not taking more.

#66     Oct 17, 2017
    patientrade likes this.
  7. TraderMat

TraderMat

I've been with them for some time now and it's clear how the max trailing works. Like the evaluation process, it's the same when funded, therefore no surprises. You should work on money management if you ask me. You have 30-50 ticks you take it! I took the evaluation twice and withdrew 15x. I hate to say this but the key to winning here is to have a big account and trade it like a small one. MONEY MANAGEMENT!

#67     Oct 19, 2017
    CDoubleUU and patientrade like this.
  8. Does it mean whenever you are even in one tick profit account trailing stop moves?

#68     Oct 19, 2017
  9. It is mostly about correctly reading market situation form higher TF point. Big moves do not come every day and angle of the move how far it is from MAs and so forth tells when reversal is coming. Basically, I believe trailing stop for day trader is useless. But the method of calculating account trailing stop by counting unrealized profit is a surprise. How far the move should go in one's favor to trigger trailing stop move ?

#69     Oct 19, 2017
  10. You are spot on. I am trading a 100k account. I've no complaints except this one thing as this didn't allow me to hold for runners. Lesson learnt though. Till the withdrawal threshold is reached, the exits must be with limit orders as long as we are with MES capital.

#70     Oct 19, 2017
    CDoubleUU, patientrade and MsFutures like this.