Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Thank you Trader Jagadeesh for bring this to the forefront. It would be a HUGE surprise for any trader going into the trial not knowing this important detail. I finally contacted Oneup asking them to explain this in detail and here is their response. Hope this helps add clarifying the "real-time" trailing drawdown mechanics in these prop accounts.

"You can find it in R|Trader as Auto Liquidate Threshold Value. What it does is it trails the Account Balance. It's taken from the high account balance until it reaches the initial account balance, the starting balance of your account. Example, for the $25,000 Evaluation, Account Balance is at $30,000 and you lose -$4,500 you'll still be eligible for a funded trading account.

We take it from the high account balance until it reaches the initial account balance, the starting balance of your account. So here's one example, you can be at $28,000 and lose $2,990 and still be eligible for a funded trading account (for $25k account where the Drawdown is $1500 - https://oneuptrader.com/how-it-works/).

Another example on the $50000 account. Initial drawdown limit is $2500 (50000 - 2500 = 47500). You cannot lose more than 47500. So you take a trade it goes in your favor and you make a profit of $500. Account balance at the moment is 50500 and drawdown limit is at 48000 (47500 starting drawdown limit + $500 profit = 48000).

You take another trade where it goes in your favor another $500 but you do not close it yet, you keep it floating for a while hoping it's going to provide more profit when in fact it goes against you and you close that trade with a loss -$100 loss. Keep in mind the trade had the potential profit of $500. Now the account balance is at 50400 (50500 - 100 (the loss that just occured) and drawdown limit is at 48500 (48000 + 500 the potential profit = 48500).

As you could probably tell already when you take losses nothing happens with the Trailing Drawdown, it only trails profits until it reaches the initial account balance. After it reaches this limit it will stop trailing."

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019
    #311     Aug 7, 2019
    Agassi likes this.
  2. tradertb

tradertb

Sounds like you are blaming everyone but yourself

#312     Sep 15, 2019
    Baron likes this.
  3. Annnnnnddddd......they are already closed.

#313     Sep 26, 2019
  4. GuyCL

GuyCL

How do you determine what you think a "withdrawal Threshold" amount would be ? depending on level you signed up for maybe, but how much money ?

#314     Oct 1, 2019
  5. GuyCL

GuyCL

has anyone on this board, been funded ?

#315     Oct 18, 2019
  6. Yes I have. No I have not been profitable enough to w/d any cash. However, there are people that have.

#316     Oct 18, 2019
  7. GuyCL

GuyCL

Thank you. I have been reading all the threads/post, or I should say most of them for the second time. I have had some experience in the Forex with Prop Co, including Top step. It just keeps coming back to these factors for me.

1} When it gets a little tough or you feel a bit worn down, I would say its only a couple hundred dollars and do something stupid. Thats the hamster wheel.

and 2) If you lose 2 plus percent, you feel so squeezed and do you cut contracts ( even though in reality you could be plus some} or do you just put the account at a higher risk. when you are down, I would think its a long way back. definitely plays mind games with you.

My thought is find a way to do it without a prop co, Unless you are using it for practice and know long term this isnt the answer

#317     Oct 18, 2019
  8. GuyCL

GuyCL

I may do the 50K program. If I do I will certainly post it on here. My goal ( like any ones) would be to get to profit, but after being paid perhaps move on.

OR does anyone know If im on Ninja with a personal live account, can it also copy trade to a one up account ? and specifically if the live personal account came second .

#318     Oct 18, 2019
  9. These are things if your being honest you will do on your real account as well. I’ve been funded several times most ended with no withdrawal but I have been able to withdraw from topstep before. Being able to last in a draw down is the main factor to elimination with a live or combine account. Once you get to the point of I’ve lost this much so what does it matter if I hold on to this loser, every time I close the trade it works out, etc then. Knowin that your strategy will not work all the time is difficult to get especially when it’s make you money before. combines even though they are hugely disadvantaged in terms of how much you have to make are a very good learning tool if you can trade somewhat profitable although that mindset can get in the way as well thinking you will always make money no matter what

#319     Oct 19, 2019
    legionx likes this.
  10. More money in that churn

#320     Oct 22, 2019
    masuriaBLR likes this.