Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. It allows you to take the challenge for 100 USD I believe, which would be half off.

I can't speak to the integrity of the company, so I am not accusing them of anything. But suddenly offering half off smacks of a lack of new punters. That's how I would read it.

#301     May 11, 2019
  2. legionx

legionx

Hello Hello I've been in hiatus for a while now. Did not trade for over two weeks after failing the Combine with Earn2Trade. Started again with One up and should be funded next week. I am trying Apiary Fund as well. They imo seem to be the "real deal" in education and funding wise. I am not up for buying any products they offer just the path to funding alone. I do not see any other business topping their program at the moment :). Cheers. I may go back to my hiatus state since I want to make 100k with OneUp this year without much distraction. We will see, cheers.

#302     May 18, 2019
    coplii likes this.
  3. Best of luck, and a word on Apiary:

I am a funded trader there, and YES - they are the real deal. I get a check every month. I would advise this though: The education is rudimentary, so if you have any skill whatsoever it will be a bunch of easy hoops to jump through. Also, keep in mind that you are trying to get to the end of funding. (250k account) Being profitable in FX every month isn't that hard. Remember that every three months in a row, they increase your account size. Trade small, and don't worry about the amount of profit until you have a large enough account to mean something.

#303     May 18, 2019
    legionx likes this.
  4. With the introduction of micro ES and NQ anyone that trades these products can now trade these instead of spending money on these combines as a way to gain skill now the only point to taking these combines if your a NQ ES trader now is to get Funded if you dont have the skill or discipline you can practice on the micros. $50 day trade margin a $500 account can work as your combine. MES actually seems to trade exactly like the ES contract. MNQ is iffy wide spreads at times and often skips price with no trades. MES trades at every price so at least during the day. $1.25/tick ES 0.50/tick MNQ

#304     May 18, 2019
  5. Times

Times

I am curious if you don't mind, what went wrong with the Earn2Trade combine? It seems a lot easier than OneUpTrader because it has a lot less rules.

As far as Apiary Fund, One that may be able to compete would be FTMO as they seem to be a 1 time fee not a monthly like Apiary

#305     May 18, 2019
  6. FTMO has a requirement of something like 6 percent in a month if I remember correctly. Apiary is MUCH easier.

#306     May 18, 2019
  7. legionx

legionx

Earn2Trade is easier than OneUp yes I think so. Without going too much into it, with OneUp

you get to be funded faster, they also have a disable account feature for if you go over a

certain amount your account is disable until the next trading day. Once reaching the profit

target, you can just scalp the rest of the days without your trades being judged as long as

you make the consistency rule. I do not have to open Rithmic trader to trade two lots at a

time with One Up since I do get the leverage on my NJTrader. All of my trades are Market

OCO orders. Finally my frustration with both companies is that if I lose internet, whether the

trade was placed on rythimic or NJT, and if the market reaches and passes my stop, it will not

activate.

I emailed Francis or Ryan, one of them told me that if I were to trade differently

after reaching the profit target, it would affect my "offer" adversely.

I did not like that answer. After I lost all my profits in about 3 to 4 days. I found the mindset

to make it back but then my stop did not activate and so that was all she wrote.

So to keep it simple, I trade two lots and monitor my trades like a hawk lol, while focusing on

my Daily Loss Limit. FTMO reminds me of TST, Earn2Trade is closer to Apiary than FTMO

because of their BootCamp Education which I do not have any knowledge of its contents.

Apiary, in my eyes, would be considered a sanctuary for any who is actually serious and

wants to learn about trading. What I get from Apiary in my one week with them is that risk

management of 1 to 2% on a trade is vital to my success.

#307     May 19, 2019
    oraclewizard77, coplii and Times like this.
  8. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

If you place on Rithmic RTrader and you lose internet, they will activate. If you place on NT, no they will not and that's because NT keeps the orders locally, not on the server.

#308     May 19, 2019
    coplii and caacapital like this.
  9. NT is probably the same as Sierra where OCO orders are stored locally on your computer. Rithmic Trader will store OCOs remotely as E2t stated above so they will trigger regardless of your internet connection dropping.

#309     May 19, 2019
  10. I completed the OneUp Trader for the $50k evaluation period in 12 days and then traded the required 3 days required to meet the minimum 15 trading days. It's pretty easy to meet the target on ES within their rules. A previous poster is correct, in the funded contract they can switch from a "live" to paper (simulated) trading account at any time and there is a minimum withdrawal profit threshold of $2,500 with a $35 wire fee per withdrawal. There is also a scaling profit threshold that only allows you to trader 1-2 contracts until you reach $1,500, 4 contracts from $1,501 to $4,000. It seems they use a simulated account for the first $2,500 so no risk to them and then switch to a live account. You can verify this if you have a licensed trading software platform as the credentials will work. I don't think any of the "Prop" shops take risk as their model is churn on the evaluation periods. SpeedUp Trader seems like a one person shop with their setup and support response time. I hope you find this helpful.

#310     Jun 14, 2019
    oraclewizard77, coplii and xavik like this.