Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. They have two loops to jump over. Basically one has to make $2500 goal twice while risking $2000. It means you have $2000 and have to make $5000. Then without discount they are more expensive. Multiple it by those challenge stages and failures and time needed to achieve those goals. Basically I would go with Oneup trader again. IMHO they are better than TST and this NKOB.

#281     Mar 27, 2019
    legionx likes this.

2. Surely if you are adding the profit targets together to make $5,000, then you must add the downside from the 2 stages together also? Over 2 stages you have $4,000 to make $5,000.

I'd also argue that we are the least expensive if you are aiming for our Gold account which scales to 35+ lots. We also guarantee that you are live trading. You don't remain in simulation when you pass the Challenge. But then...different traders want different things and live trading with big size isnt the end goal for many. That's understandable.

#282     Mar 27, 2019
  3. What is considered trading activity just 1 trade a day for 10 days?

#283     Mar 27, 2019
  4. Yes...that is considered trading activity. Obviously, we would prefer and recommend you trade more than one trade per day, 10 days per month if you are to follow the path of the best traders on the live trading floors of our partners in Dublin or Split but yes, that is the minimum requirement.

#284     Mar 27, 2019
  5. Yes I would prefer Oneup to the 2 step $5k profit target but i might attempt theirs one day just because.

#285     Mar 27, 2019
  6. Sorry no NOT Oneup I meant to say Earn2Trade

#286     Mar 27, 2019
    legionx likes this.
  7. Started my evaluation with Oneup trader. I discovered NASDAQ for myself. I have always looked at Crude. But in all sincerity, from what I already see over back testing and trading NASDAQ for 2 weeks. Crude is not a very good day trading instrument compared to NASDAQ. I always depended upon big winners with Crude. Nasdaq is more in tune with me as a trader. Trading 2 and a half hours a day. 9:30 to 12:00 a.m. EST

#287     Apr 19, 2019
  8. Times

Times

Hello, I notice on your image it shows the 35 lot allows for a daily loss limit of $1,500

However, on the TraderDock website, the 35+ lot shows only a $1,000 daily loss limit.

I am curious which one is correct?
    &
    What is your reasoning for choosing the daily loss limits on 35 lot vs 5 lot

As I don't understand how someone can trade 35+ lots with only a $1k daily loss limit. RT commissions on 35+ lot would take around $200 (20%) leaving it to be more like a $800 loss limit and if trading the Nikkei(NKD) with $25/tick value that is less than -1 tick allowed for 35+ lots

Oneuptrader 25 lot package has a $5,000 Daily Loss Limit which seems more reasonable.

#288     Apr 21, 2019
  9. Hi @Times,

As with both physical trading floor and remote trading and indeed anywhere where a risk manager has your best interests and the firm's best interests at heart, you will not be able to move directly from simulation to 25 or 35 lots of trading size.

There is a scaling plan. Everyone begins with 2 or 3 lots and works their way up the ladder in terms of trading power based on their profitability.

If someone has the ability to trade 35 lots and they are literally clipping with 35lots each trade then regardless of downside, they are likely to blow up their account pretty soon as they are not exhibiting any understanding of risk management. There are millionaire traders on the live trading floor in Dublin with the ability (if they see everything line up) to trade 1000 lots in their respective markets and still some of them have agreed with the risk manager to stop trading if they are $1,000 down in any one trading session. Risk management is about protecting the trader from themselves. Perhaps OUT allow $5k of real money to be lost on your first trading day??

However, all of these factors depend on your strategy, your market, your track record, your profitability and as per the scaling plan, the capital that you have accumulated in your trading thus far.

So $1,000 daily loss is definitely sufficient to make $5,000 per month consistently. Do that (as is the requirement for our floor traders) and then we can have the next conversation.

The fact that we can scale to 35+ lots is easy. Like a previous post mentioned, we could have said 500lots or 1,000 lots. It's all based on starting small and scaling to size with success. Do OUT allow you to trade 25 lots live in the market and lose $5k real money straight after coming fresh off the simulator? Because if so,we cannot match that level of crazy, and if not, then we are not really comparing like with like.

#289     Apr 22, 2019
  10. FWIW I received an email recently about being able to take the eval for half off from TraderDock - who this thread seems to be about now. Anytime I see half off, I see they are running out of traders to take the challenge. Now I wonder why that would be an issue?

Makes you wonder what the real business model is.

#290     May 7, 2019