Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. does traderdock let you use the online TT platform to trade?

#261     Mar 12, 2019
  2. according to you the reason for taking a month to give you your account was because no one ever passed so after you pass they make it even harder?? that sounds like the same thing your complaining about with all the other companys. what does this new step 2 rule even mean? so you dont get a funded account by meeting the 2.5k profit target in step 2 or you dont get 5 lot trading power if you simply meet the 2.5 risk to reward ratio and dont "out perform" your step 1 ? Are you even trading a real account not demo masked as live are you able to confirm by adding and remove liquidity to the DOm and see if it reflects your orders.

Not defending any of these company because they all have the same test fee model but your bashing other company and this company takes the worst rules of tst and earn2trade to make their own test fee business.

upload_2019-3-12_5-2-27.png

as far as i know the 50% was only during their initial launch 20% is for first time users.

#262     Mar 12, 2019
    traderob and tradethereaction like this.
  3. We provide our own price feed.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    #263     Mar 12, 2019
  4. #264     Mar 12, 2019
  5. Yes. Please speak with TraderDock about specifics.

#265     Mar 12, 2019
  6. TomasOne1

TomasOne1

#266     Mar 22, 2019
    Times likes this.

7. Hi caacapital,

To your initial question, graduating from the TraderDock Challenge will lead you to trading in a live environment not simulated. You will switch to Live mode within TT and you will then of course note that orders you enter in the DOM are impacting the live market as opposed to being simulated orders.

The 2-Stage nature of the Challenge reflects the training requirements for trainees aiming to become professional traders on the trading floors of our partner firm. To your question, yes, if you can achieve the $2,500 profit target in Stage 1 and Stage 2, you proceed to live trading with a Bronze account. We wanted to make the Challenge performance-based. Rather than paying for extra size/risk in live trading you earn it by performing better in Stage 2 as per the below table:

upload_2019-3-25_21-44-14.png

So, let's say you achieved $2,500 in Stage 1 and proceeded to Stage 2 where you again have achieved $2,500. You are entitled to go live at this point OR, you can continue to trade with the aim of making $500 extra to earn our Silver account or $1,500 extra to earn our Gold account. Of course this is also a risk decision - do I risk my entitlement to go-live at Bronze (by losing money to go below the $2,500 level) so that I might potentially achieve Silver or Gold?

Is it easy to graduate from the TraderDock Challenge? Absolutely not. Neither is professional trading. We try to bring what we see works successfully on a professional trading floor into our TraderDock Challenge and will continue to innovate and add more features in the coming months.

There is some confusion about the structure of our Challenge. It is clear that we are not explaining the above as clearly as we can on our site...we will work to improve this. Appreciate your interest!

#267     Mar 25, 2019
  8. No idea what is that fuss all about. I was funded and stayed funded for almost 5 months with Oneup trader and never had issue with them. I closed my account and withdraw my account stop as I decided. The reason was inability to trade while babysitting my daughter who just got mobile n December. I struggled 2+ months and decided to take a break. It was horrible, basically getting into trade and rushing about with pampers, having my second working screen turned of in the middle of trade, a lot of commotion around me and noise. Especially when my son was around too. I basically got funded while babysitting 2 kids, but she was not walking at the time so it was ok. Now I have been making adjustments and planning to start Combine to get funded again in April. There was nothing wrong with Oneup trader. They left me alone. I was doing my thing. The only issue was average volume rule I had to mantain minimum 50% of my evaluation volume even when there was no trading signals, but after I passed 90 days they were very accommodating. Never had issue with trailing stop. The only real issue is 15 days rule which required some luck. I traded CL and I can say that starting with August I catched every single move up or down up to 150 ticks. Volatility is down considerably, so I have worked out plan B to my plan A. The plan was working just fine and it was basically my personal curcumstances that made me close account to take a break which I needed a lot.

#268     Mar 25, 2019
  9. p0box4

p0box4

How is a minimum 15 day rule tricky?

#269     Mar 26, 2019
  10. I did not say tricky. But this rule is the most difficult to overcome. Why? Because market changes. In my case I sometimes had 5-6 days without a trade. Now, if I lose first trade, the count is on . It is 15 calendar days including weekends and so forth. I think 15 trading days rule would have been better but otherwise I do not see this rule necessary at all. If you read oneup trade blog you would notice that funded traders found this rule the most difficult. It is every 15 days until 90 days that trader must stay positive. This rule is for live trading only.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    #270     Mar 26, 2019