Review of One up trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. Do you? :) My guess is just as good as yours.... If they had hundreds of such people, believe me, they would advertise the shit out of it.

2. Exactly. We have been saying this for 8 years now. Their business model is a Catch 22 as a backer, but perfectly fine as a sim trade provider... :)

Also, don't you think if they were a real backing firm they would try to keep the good earners with them forever? Even getting only 10% of a good trader is better than zero %.

Anyhow, we agree so there is nothing to debate about.

#171     Feb 28, 2018
  2. Xela

Xela

Not relevant to what I asked, but yes: for the record, I do.

It just isn't as good as mine: the reality is that you don't know what you're talking about (I just gave two specific examples of that, in my previous post).

I agree with that, but you're still totally missing the point: you're criticizing them for not having something that they couldn't possibly have, because you don't understand what they're offering.

Come on, I know you to be (on other subjects) an intelligent and reasonable person. We can all see that you can do better than this!

Yet again, you just don't know what you're talking about. The reality is that (a) TST isn't the backer anyway (that's a different company); and (b) they couldn't possibly do that because nobody would agree to it. Would you?! Why give up future profits unnecessarily?! And even if they were stupid enough to try, it wouldn't be enforceable anyway.

We agree about many things, you and I; but not about TST, because you discuss that subject only with the voice of ignorance and prejudice.

#172     Feb 28, 2018
    legionx likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. Alright then, simple question: How many backed traders do they have who finished a full year with them? I just want one simple number.

2. That is not what they have been telling us for 8 years...

Here is what is on their front page:

"Become a Funded Trader
    Prove your trading style. Earn your Funded Account™"

You can only have a funded account if SOMEONE BACKS you with funds, so yes they are a backing firm, that is what they advertise!!!

Anyhow I am done here, but if you have any factual numbers, we are generally curious...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    #173     Feb 28, 2018
  4. Xela

Xela

Have you asked them?

I don't know. I note that you guessed "a few dozen".

I would have guessed much lower, myself. But I'm saying that because (a) unlike you I've thought it through realistically and discussed it with people in that exact position; and (b) neither of the two friends of mine who got started so successfully that way needed to stay for as long as a year, and I find it pretty hard to see why others would.

You're mistaken. Again.

#174     Feb 28, 2018
    legionx, CarlosRay and lawrence-lugar like this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

lol, I just quoted their front page for you... :)

And again we even agreed on that number (since your guess was lower then mine) yet you keep arguing. I am going to put you on Ignore for a few weeks so I don't get tempted to respond to this baloney...

#175     Feb 28, 2018
  6. Xela

Xela

The number isn't the point at all (which is perhaps just as well, given that neither of us knows what it is anyway! :D ).

We disagree because you imagine (or at least you imply and allege, actually in four or five other threads in addition to this one) that your suspicion that nobody or almost nobody stays with them for as long as a year (about which I think you're right) somehow demonstrates either some kind of "failure" or some kind of "trickery" on their part.

The reality, of course, is very different: to anyone who actually understands their business model, and knows people who have become successful career-traders through using it, it's very clear that they wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't have people staying for as long as that.

But your ceaseless determination to try to find fault with them leads you continually to try (albeit never successfully) to find alleged faults, all of which are actually based on factual misinformation and/or substantial misunderstandings. (And the irony there is that because you're so busily doing that, you actually also fail to criticize the things that really are problematic about their business! :rolleyes: ).

I appreciate that that's your right, of course.

Just as I'm sure you appreciate that other members here (including myself, if I choose to) have the right to correct the blatantly prejudiced misinformation that you for ever post here, on this subject. ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    #176     Feb 28, 2018
    legionx and murray t turtle like this.
  7. TST is a business not a charity from what I’ve seen not first hand but there are funded people with them. The TSt program won’t fit all strategy’s and you really should only be looking to get funded when you have a strategy that actually works. So the steps should be free sim using a strategy that could work verify it then goto TSt this will get the emotions involved the run on the wheel until you get to the other side or are confident in your strategy and emotional reaction.

#177     Mar 1, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  8. Another thing in Oneup to consider is the constant rule that they have. your forced to keep winners in the same range as your other winners. your top 3 winning days must be 80% of the largest winner

#178     Mar 2, 2018
  9. algofy

algofy

What? How the hell is this a rule, makes zero sense in the real world.

#179     Mar 3, 2018
  10. I think the point of the rule is to eliminate the lucky day where you make 4000 and the rest of the days you only trade just to meet the time requirement. in other words the point is to make it harder for you to pass.

#180     Mar 3, 2018
    MsFutures likes this.